Exporting a Configuration

I am trying to export my Comodo configuration via the “Miscellaneous, Manage My Configurations” menu. It works perfectly fine on my mother’s laptop running XP 32bit.

However, when I try to do the same thing on my laptop or desktop (both running Vista 32bit) it doesn’t work. I get as far as typing in a file name, but when I click “save”, I get an Error saying, “Unable to obtain necessary rights. Please run this utility as Administrator and try again”.

So, I right click on my CIS desktop icon and select “run as administrator”. I go through the same steps, but I get the same error. Note that this is using CIS 3.8 and not the 3.9 beta that is out now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Is User Account Control (UAC) enabled? You must disable this in order to export/import configurations. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot! That fixed it. Do you know if this has already been reported as a bug or do I need to do that?

This used to happen to me too (during the brief time I used UAC until I disabled it for good). I never thought of it a “bug”, but I guess you can report it here. :slight_smile: