Exciting News: Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta Now Open for Testing!

Focus on rewriting the code while maintaining the same old 42 bugs?
You’re kidding!

It’s disappointing.

1 Like

comodo internet security is safe, but show option advanced;
comodo internet security not translate options…

Hey, Liosant. Bypassing your ban again?

Since you mentioned Revo.

With CIS installed it is indeed not possible to use an ISO to update Windows. The type of error Windows will give is related to drivers. Therefor I conclude that whatever you did with Revo did not disable the drivers from starting. Over the past months I have uninstalled CIS beta many times using its uninstaller and that always sufficed to update Windows 11 Canary with an ISO image. For the sake of testing I suggest not to use Revo as a default simply because using Revo could introduce something as we have seen.

Reputable or not, I don’t use Revo. I only briefly used it years ago. Using the uninstallers that programs provide works for me and only incidentally I have to resort to using Autoruns or a cleanup utility as provided by the manufacturer.

Using Revo is making it a possible cause of what you will observe afterwards. So when trying to understand/troubleshoot what is happening Revo will need to be excluded as a factor.

Then you are stating “I noticed that things were not going right.” without further description. That is neither informative to nor helpful for Comodo. You lost credibility there and make your subsequent conclusions void.

You are confusing a user bypass with a bypass of CIS. You fail to understand that CIS is the nanny of program behavior not the nanny of user behavior. The user can damage the system and CIS won’t stop the user but will stop an unknown application. If you find an application which can bypass CIS we are always interested but you are not providing us with one.

The VT detections are obviously false positives. You should report them to the AV manufacturers.

Presentation
Now that I have your attention. Your posts are tiring to read and lack rigor. They are journaling or writing your train of thoughts rather than providing a precise and concise description of a bug with steps of reproduction etc. They do not invite the reader to respond.

Added to that there is extraneous noise in your posts boasting yourself as authoritative and a benefactor that we could do without.

Summary
In only one post I found two big mistakes. One is that you are a long term user of Comodo yet you fail to understand the very basic principle that CIS is the nanny of program behavior; not of user behavior. That is mind boggling and that made me wonder about your motivations for posting here. The other one was not providing any information after you fiddled with a third party tool.

Alongside that your writing is needlessly elaborate and self absorbed and could do with curbing and more rigor in reporting.

6 Likes

Very elegant and simple way to describe the power of CIS! Amazing and thank you for this description!

7 Likes

@ilgaz, @niveditha.balakrishn, @Melih,

The same question kindly asking.
Where are the promised bug fixes of the bugs on the List of current bugs ?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @C.O.M.O.D.O_RT , I have a problem.
Every time I open Chrome I get this containment warning:

Could you help me?

Yes, you’re right, it was too elaborate.
I summarize: it doesn’t work!
there are loads of testimonials here: Search results for 'ciscleanup' - Comodo Forum
We see that you spend more time on the forum than actually helping the software solve its problems.
Bad optics for my taste.
I give up and leave this forum.
I had at least a dozen more bugs to report.
I think I could have been really useful.
You and your team scare people away.
You are encouraged and encouraged to denigrate the customer.
unfortunately it obviously backfires on you.
The life of an IT security company is not just about being bitter on the forums and ABSOLUTELY wanting to make people believe that everything is working fine.
it sounds fake
Ciao!

Thank you for being kind enough to tell me how to delete your account from the forum.

I did not find.

With many thanks

My thanks and encouragement to the developers.

Is there anything I can do to help?

We too want to release it as soon as we can. But we need to make sure to keep fixing bugs.
Team are working on it. When its ready, it will be released. Patience please, thank you.

7 Likes

You again did not reply to the content of my post. That seems to be a pattern.

In this post I found another 9 staggering failures in understanding the basics of CIS that I won’t post for reasons of brevity but I can post at any given time.

Edit: I just posted the list of 9 it in the subsequent post.

With these 9 examples you are failing to understand the fundamental principles of CIS yet you have the audacity to state CIS is not providing various forms of protection and self protection that it actually does provide.

The latter can be seen as badmouthing or defamatory. Defamatory because you are a long term user enough, and one who likes to portray himself as authority, to have educated yourself about the fundamentals of CIS yet you attack CIS with statements that are untrue.
You are either ill informed or trolling when you make bold claims about a lack of security that are not true. Either way you are spreading FU (Fear and Uncertainty). Are you also spreading D (Deceit)? That’s what this is about.

When I pulled you up twice you shy away and respond with a lot of hot air blaming everybody else but yourself. How dare we hurt you!

Moderators are volunteers. We’re end users like all other forum members. We are not employees of Comodo.

The problem is that you have been making false statements about fundamentals of protection of CIS. That’s what I am pulling you up about.

You need to be reeducated about the fundamentals of CIS and then man up to see the error of certain believes and ways.

2 Likes

Here are the nine errors I mentioned in and alluded to in my previous post.

CIS has Protected Data and Blocked Files options

Not true. Is present.

Not true. Is present.
You are confusing user bypass with CIS bypass! CIS is the nanny of program behvior, not of user behavior.

Not true. Is present

Not true. Is present

Not true. Is present. See point 1: CIS has Protected Data and Blocked Files options

Not true. There is dedicated ransomware protection with Protected Files and recognizer but does not have feedback (whatever feedback may be)

The ransomware recognizers will also recognize unknown ransomware

Not true. Default Deny and Sandbox will handle them.

Is already present. It’s called Default Deny and Sandbox.

Such blatant misrepresentation of the fundamental principles of CIS. And then have the audacity to state:

This conclusion in light of the list of misrepresentations is uncalled for.

7 Likes

I replied here to the wrong post.

Thank you for being so kind as to tell me how to delete my account from the forum please.

I can’t find how to do it.

With many thanks

My thanks and encouragement to the developers.

hi @CISfan , please find our next Beta release scope here

other than that, we are fully committed to fix everything that is listed here:

and much more…

5 Likes

Hi @C.O.M.O.D.O_RT could you help me?
Thanks in advance and regards

Hi Avos-New-Forum,

Thank you for reporting. These tempscripts are safe.
kindly refer the below link for better understanding of the tempscript.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Thank you so much :+1:
Unfortunately it warns me every time I open Chrome.

I replied to the wrong post… Here once more:

I, too, have many bat files in this folder and one or more blocked with firewall (+hips). Virustotal doesn’t detect any malware. Startpage doesn’t show any results but duckduckgo does when I enter (as an example) as a search many batfiles in Comodo tmpscrpt . Perhaps you can find help.

Have a look there: C_powershell.exe .ps1 question - #3 by nickfree

1 Like