Exciting News: Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta Now Open for Testing!

Xcitium scores an 10/10 i have tested Xcitium vs all sort of stuff and it did an excellent job.
Signatures:8.5/10
Auto-Containment+VirusScope(Static and Dynamic Behavioral Analysis):10/10
Xcitium Verdict Cloud(Valkyrie):10/10
HIPS:10/10
Website Filtering:7.5/10

But not for home users.

i will test Xcitium for home and get right back with the results

xcitium is for business - comodo for home user

yes but everything is Xcitium now so i call Comodo Xcitium for all products anyways i will test Xcitium for home users and see if its verry good as Xcitium AEP or worser the test includes:

Test of Phishing Sites
Test of Malicious Sites
Detection rate test
Left over samples test

My comment above is of course meant ironically.

Although many feel that Comodo is hard for the average (or below) user, I must disagree.Comodo is that rare application where less is more.

Although fine tuning can indeed be done, such fine tuning does not add to protection but can lead to confusion and potential issues.

The average user can have a happy life by installing just the FW, changing things to settings that I have suggested (about 10 seconds of work) and clicking on Silent Mode. This results in superb protection with zero popups.

As a recent example of what can be expected with this setup can be seen with the recent ZenRAT malware: Through the use of Google ads, users were directed to a fake BitWarden website BitWarden where they were served up a malicious BW file that was both legitimately signed and Counter-signed, and was undetected by anything for at least a month.

Running the file resulted in the dropping of a Hidden/System daugther- the ZenRAT malware (both a password stealer and at traditional RAT). The stolen data was then sent out to Malware Command in the Netherlands.

Although security applications that rely on Detection were oblivious, Comodo as set up as discussed above protected fully as the RAT, although seeming legitimate, was not first vetted by Comodo so was plopped to die into Containment and all Outbound connections were blocked. All without any alerts to confuse the user.

So where others worry bout malware infections, Comodo users just yawn and proceed on with their lives.

6 Likes

Soon i will do the test with Xcitium Internet Securtiy 2024 Beta and see how good it is and is it reccomended

Thats an excellent point that is not understood by many!

Everyone is trying to add extras to stop the “Delivery Mechanisms” vs “protecting against Payload”.
Comodo protects you against malicious payloads, no matter how they are delivered (delivered using browser, email, vulnerability etc etc…simply doesn’t matter…these are all delivery mechanisms and there is always a need for payload at the end)

4 Likes

One question any user should ask:
How will this security product protect me when it fails in detecting a brand new malware?

1 Like

this is the kill chain of how malware/ransomware makes its way to your system

The whole cybersecurity world works on trying to prevent 3 and 4

Comodo’s unique patented technology protects you from what really matters…they Payload at 5, 6, 7!

1 Like

well does it also help when the malware starts with the winbootloader or/and when its inthe (u)efi?

and btw when will some fixes come up regarding the iusses known in cis2024 come on not even the update fuctions properly…

how did the malware get in there in the first place?

1 Like

That’s the reason because I miss malware. :grinning:

I already use the options that comodo offers, for example with its own rules in the firewall or in advanced protection to keep some applications in their “barriers” or to contain unknown files etc. more or less strictly.

Comodo has problems recognizing phishing emails, I’ve read it several times. I haven’t had any yet.
Comodo also blocked this site, for example.

Comodo did!
So I can say: protection rate 10/10 or 100% (still).

maybe b ythe manfactures and/or Governments like china etc… or maybe some firmware download pages etc was hacked and then the files hijacked… well you work for a Security company you should know that very well… or you just mocking me

oh and btw when we will see some bugfixes for cis 2024? any eta?

How can you expect an AV to protect an already compromised system prior its install? That not what AVs are for to begin with.

3 Likes

Exactly the point i was trying to make by asking that question, you are 100% spot on @Angelarme !
Once a system is compromised there is no guarantee of cleaning it…system restore is the key.
Comodo is about keeping a clean computer clean!

@Angelarme understood the question and answered it.

Keeping a clean computer clean
vs
Cleaning an existing infection

are two different things.

If you are installing AV product to clean an existing Infection, there is no guarantees and my personal preference is always a system restore.

Keeping an a clean computer clean on the hand is done by not allowing an unknown payload to execute with full access. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frx52YMHZ24 which only Comodo does.

1 Like

malware found in windows bootloader - Google Search)

spectre and meltdown similarities, neither you as AV devos nor the customer/user can fix this just mitigate and have to trust that all is just fine… and btw that ish will be on your system regardless if its “new/fresh” insatlled