Exciting News: Comodo Internet Security 2024 Beta Now Open for Testing!

D !
I am sending you all the problems I encounter as I try out the beta version.
This is a graphical error which alters the presentation of the software.

There are letters in the places to check…

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

Thank you for reporting.
May i know your win version ? And are you using any other security software other than CIS ?
FYI: As we tested we didn’t see any graphical issue so far in CIS-Beta.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi!
I am on Windows 10 64 and CIS 2024 beta 8088
There’s Malwarebytes and Webroot Anywhere, but always. And without problem.
I put everyone’s files in respective exclusions

I also notice that you cannot check “manual analysis”

I don’t know if this is normal :thinking:

Hi Varan-de-C0m0d0,

We do not recommend customers to run/use several security software simultaneously as it causes compatibility issues, crashes, performance issue, etc.
So kindly disable/uninstall other security software and test.
Let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello C.O.M.O.D.O_RT ,

Thank you for the valuable advice you give.

Alas, I will use (with great pleasure) only Comodo CIS, and only it, if it had evolved a little over the last 10 years and included the functions that it is so lacking:

1. Protection of personal data
  2. Competitive, browser-agnostic web protection
  3. USB protection
  4. General system security control
  5. Control and Protection of Outgoing Information (We enter protected information and if it leaves the network, we are warned and without authorization, it is blocked)
  6. Adware Control (as well as MalwareBytes)
  7. Control and deletion of cookies and other trackers
  8. Controlling browser extensions
  9. Protection against Brute Force attacks from the Internet
  10. Self-Protection of the Software itself (which can be disabled so easily) (It is too easy to kill, change and erase Comodo processes) (it is also too easy to prevent Comodo CIS from being launched on the next startup)
  11. Registry Protection
  12. Tracking Protection
  13. Protection of personal documents
  14. AMD CPU Security Support
  15. Verification of personal data compromise
  16. Advanced Phishing Protection
  17. Harmful IP blocklist filtering
  18. Content filtering
  19. Thunderbird and Outlook Antispam
  20. URL Filtering
  21. Identity Theft Protection
  22. Dedicated ransonware protection with feedback, also suitable for modified and new ransnware
  23. Control of passwords and identifiers that can be easily decrypted
  24. Remote monitoring and control via console
  25. Canceling zero-day malware infestations
  26. A system analyzer which checks its status and obsolete updates
  27. Leak security testing for vulnerabilities
  28. File Encryption and Secure Deletion of Files and Folders
  29. a vulnerability scanner
  30. Windows Anti-Theft
  31. Protection against scams
  32. Protection and control of messaging under Windows (Whatsapp, Skype, Teams and Signal Windows)
  33. Control spam and scams directly in Gmail in Chrome
  34. HIPS Protection Against Unknown Exploits and Exploits
  35. Firewall that should attempt to block exploit attacks at the network level

in 2023, and unfortunately, visibly also in 2024, anyone who uses Comodo CIS without any other protection would be a little suicidal.

Comodo is an excellent product for geeks, to see what is happening on the PC by turning all the settings to full, but, unfortunately, it is no longer at all suitable for the modern use of the average customer

3 Likes

And I would like to point out that I use Comodo CIS every day on my PC, I’m a fan.
But, never, without Webroot and Malwarebytes.
Never !
Without them with him, I would have already lost a lot of data!

I agree with you that CIS is not software for the average user.

It allows fine-tuning of parameters, which requires technical involvement.
Not being a geek, it takes me several months to get the hang of it.

There are less technical software packages available, but I don’t think they offer the same level of protection.

Comodo CIS is a bit like a very active and very voluntary nightclub security guard.
He wants to be very loyal and tries to do his best to gain the sympathy of the nightclub owner.
But when after work, the head of security asks him: “did you do that?” “Have you thought about checking that out”, “do you know that there are people who come in through the window disguising themselves as security guards?”… CIS, as super-club guard, blushes a little and feels all guilty…
He’s our favorite goalkeeper… He knows the box well! But he’s old now.
We like it a lot, even if it is outdated on certain points.
We know that if he doesn’t go to the clinic quickly enough, he will have to go join his friends Esafe Protect and Agnitum Oupost Pro at the retirement home.
We would really like it to get a makeover, but we can see with the “2024” version that putting young people’s clothes on an old person won’t work for long.
We tell ourselves that they know this at Comodo and that they will soon bring him bionic arms so that he can get back on track…
We hope…
We hope…
Hope is beautiful…

Why not also renovate Comodo Backup?

This software was great and worked very well. (at least, at home at the time, yes)

A little facelift, the correction of a few bugs and then the integration with CIS Pro would have given added value to it…

In particular by integrating a pro-active anti-ransonware and malware backup system to be able to carry out immediate recovery.

Comodo Program Manager did its job well too. Why not wear it a little longer? It could have become a great PUA PUP software uninstaller.

It seems that the software part for the general public is only a thing of the past at Comodo…

It’s good to have chosen xcitaium, but when you look at the results
s tests or at Virustotal.com, Xcitium is at the bottom… it goes completely unnoticed. The desire to be forgotten?

We have known for a long time that “A” brands are cited first in this area…

Brief…

Unfortunately, I’ve already experienced this with other software that I really liked…

it smells scorched…

1 Like

I write this again and again because such statements are not generally valid:
Then I (my PC) should be dead long ago. In the many, many years I’ve been using Comodo, I’ve never had any viruses, rootkits, etc. It runs almost without any problems on all the computers I’ve installed it on, so I’ve never had to ask for help or search. My sensitive data, connections, are excellently protected.

I also use Malwarebytes and had to delete it today. But I don’t think I’ll use it anymore. When I scan with Hitman pro, malwarebytes, adware cleaner, no malware has ever been found. Only recently did Kaspersky’s KVRT find a Tojaner (but don’t know if it really was one). However, I uninstalled Comodo and briefly deactivated the firewall.

1 Like

Yes it is. Luckily I had someone who taught me a little bit about Comodo… It is not easy when English is the foreign language and you are not well versed in it. The manual is already very extensive.

Please watch this.

Stuff like vulnerability scanner, content filtering, url filtering etc are all about trying to identify the “delivery” mechanism.

Delivery vs Payload.

Comodo is the only company where Payload cannot execute with full access (it runs in containment).
This is the protection!

Doesn’t matter which delivery mechanism is used, Payload is contained with Comodo.

The only argument is: Phishing protection, its more of a user thing imo… Simply do NOT enter your private data to a website if you went there from clicking to a link.

3 Likes

I have just tested Zonealarm Nextgen … It is true that he does not arrive at the ankle of Comodo Cis Pro 2024.
By cons … he found me 45 viruses that Comodo had not seen …
Another thing too is that the system is much more fluid with the last zone alarm. I will test Comodo Cis with Windows 11 to see if it’s more pleasant than under Windows 10.
Another info, Alarm zone has no problem with malwarebytes and webroot.
For the rest, everything is worse than Cis …

1 Like

Thank you very much for the Melih video.
I know that XCitium professional products are very good and at the top of the top.
But, they are also more recent.
Comodo Cis would need to be, in part, rewritten to above all gain fluidity.

Hello Prodex!

Unfortunately, Kaspersky makes very few false positives. So, if he found a trojan, it’s almost certain that there was one.
But probably this should have requested a connection which it would have been possible to refuse with CIS.
The problem is that if you get distracted and don’t check carefully to see if a Trojan has the same name as a legitimate program, you might say “yes.”
Logically, the evaluation scan should have given it a poor score, right?

1 Like

why are you still thinking “detection”?

1 Like

You must have missed it. I had briefly deactivated the cis firewall and had a connection to the Internet. And once I uninstalled cis, even with an Internet connection (but only for less or more minutes and not for days). However, I had activated the defender. So my PC was not protected by comodo for a shorter or slightly longer period of time. I didn’t do a scan for malware with comodo.
That was definitely not the case. Also, my PC, maybe you missed that, was without comodo protection for a more or less long time. With cis I had not scanned.

Conclusion: This would not have happened with Comodo activated - as I have been used to and experienced with Comodo.

Edit: What I want to say: It was about uninstalling cis 8012 and installing cis 8088, not about trying out or installing any other software.

KVRT just finished scanning: no threats found

A question: Before judging, have you ever tried the Cruelsister configuration?

2 Likes

I ask myself, what am I doing wrong with CIS, because I can’t find any malware on my PC, CIS runs smoothly, and despite better reviews of other protection programs in comparisons on the Internet, CIS has so far protected my PC from ransomware, trojans, backdoors, fraud through phishing emails, worms. This is starting to worry me when I read that cis out of 10 points only scores 6.5 points or even less. CIS blocks complex threats only up to 96% - industry standard is 100% what others achieve (in a comparison). What am I doing wrong? I would also like hackers to plunder my account so that cis can finally show that it is not able to securely protect (my) PC. :wink: