Excel problems with Comodo Antivirus

I’ve been having a problem this week where whenever I try to open Microsoft Excel, my computer becomes unresponsive. However, if I turn off Comodo Antivirus, it works just fine, which seems to indicate that the antivirus is causing the problem. This only started happening this week - I’ve been using Comodo antivirus for a few weeks without any problems (and use MS-Excel daily). I know there was an Excel security update at the end of last week; I don’t know if that could have affected something.

I am using COMODO Antivirus 2.0.17.58. My operating system is Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. The problems are caused with Microsoft Excel 2003 (11.8211.8202) SP3.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Iam also having problems with Excel, I have Winxp Professional with sp2. Iam running Microsoft office 2007 Enterprise suite with SP1. Iam able to open new excel spreadsheets but when ever i goto save them i get a error saying Your changes to the application failed due to a sharing violation, try saving to a different file. But when i disable Comodo firewal, iam able to save the files without issues

(:SAD)
I too am having the same sharing violation problem. I have never encountered this with any other antivirus program. I am using XP Second Edition and Excel 2007. I have to turn off Comodo Antivirus to save files. I hope there will be a real fix.

Hi everyone, lets see if we can get this sorted out.

Iam also having problems with Excel, I have Winxp Professional with sp2. Iam running Microsoft office 2007 Enterprise suite with SP1. Iam able to open new excel spreadsheets but when ever i goto save them i get a error saying Your changes to the application failed due to a sharing violation, try saving to a different file. But when i disable Comodo firewal, iam able to save the files without issues

Crashagn, are you sure it’s with the firewall and not with the antivirus? If it is with the firewall I’ll move this to the appropriate section.

This is a known bug in CAVS 2 beta. When trying to save files in Office 2007 (specifically Excel) an error is presented. Like was mentioned, the only way to solve the problem is to close CAVS2 temporarily. Unfortunately, no more bug fixes for CAVS2 will be coming as Comodo has thrown their resources into developing CAVS 3, a much improved antivirus

Ian420, I have never seen that problem before, however, I suspect it might have something to do with one of the security updates or even SP3. Unfortunately, as I said before no more fixes for this version will be coming. I appreciate the information about your system. The developers may find this information useful as they attempt to track down and fix bugs for version 3. As of right now I think you found the only workaround which is just to disable CAVS2 beta temporarily. As an alternative, if you get tired of that, I recommend Avast or AVG.

Dave

I just ran into the same problem. I was saving an Excel file under a sub-directory of My Documents. However, when I saved it to the Desktop, it was fine.

I was a fan of AVG myself, until I read the reviews on Download.com. They have made some changes that make the newer “free” version basically a free 30 day trial instead of the protection that it used to be. That’s why I switched to Comodo, even though it’s still in the Beta stages.

file sharing access violation is definitely triggered by cav2beta. either you shut down cav2beta or save the file under another name. the problem is known to Microsoft. search Microsoft knowledge base with the appropriate keywords.

I would recommend you to upgrade to Comodo Internet Security, which has an upgraded version of CAVS 3.0. CAVS 2.0 was in beta and never released. The released version is CAVS 3.0.

Also, from the posts it seems that this is very old and it may no longer be read by the topic starter. If yes, you may consider upgrading to CIS, from www.comodo.com.

It is indeed old and is now closed.

Pls upgrade to CIS as layman said.

Josh