ESR based Comodo IceDragon Wish

Hi,

only registered for this poll.

In my understanding the ESR gets all the monthly updates in security the normal release of FF got, but not the ‘features’ as new design or change of engine.
I do not need a stylish browser with newest enhancements which last only few months.
I need a secure and fast browser with only low requirements in hardware.

Live long and prosper.

BUMP
to reach 25 up-vote to make it visible for devs consideration.

BUMP

The wish reached the required up-votes (25 :-TU )
So please consider to review this option.
Thanks

Latest version even has no changelog and official release notes. Mods trying to keep attention on browsers. We are saying to users “The browser team is new they are trying to solve problems etc”. “Comodo hires new guys for browsers etc”

So what we have? Nothing. Seems the browsers are “dead” already. I cannot play Twitter videos with Dragon & Chromodo. After my report approx 1 year passed away. ( I cannot believe I’m getting old!) Your new-uber talented-devs still working on it.

If you are using the Comodo browsers, just uninstall them. For better security(yes Comodo gives nothing to you on security side even for a security company) and updates and new features. Melih said “We listen you” Really? Please take a look at the this topic start date. You can use better browsers guys.

I recommend Chrome & Opera for you.

(Please mods do not bash me! If you want to ban me, go ahead but please do not delete my post! Thanks)

Hi yigido,
I won’t bash you or ban you for your opinion and we certainly don’t delete posts, but please let other users think for themselves for what software they prefer or want to use.

Surely we can have an opinion without bashing Comodo as a brand.

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. :wink:

Thank you.
Edit: Spelling correction.

Well I recommend Chromium over Chrome.
At least Google doesn’t infringe on your privacy as bad in Chromium.
(They don’t track you with Chromium, only Chrome)
^ website tracking is no different.

Chromium also developed by Google engineers. You can disable those telemtry and tracking options under settings.
You can disable the Google trackings here: https://myactivity.google.com/

I suggest Chrome because it has auto-update for fixes and it has better paid codecs for some websites.

Huh… I was always told that didn’t work and Google could do whatever the F they wanted. >.>

In any case, not sure about Windows, but on Linux, Chromium gets auto-updates whenever available.

but the downside to chromium on Linux is your have to install chrome before you can play flash content.
(Once you get it working though, you can uninstall chrome)
there’s plenty of tutorials though, and not all of them require chrome…

I can’t argue about the paid codecs though, but I’m sure you could just download the chrome versions and install them over chromium without issues.

EDIT: @yigido: know of anything free that I could play around with to verify that?? :slight_smile:

Yes, but not from Google. For Ubuntu, it is maintained by the Chromium team. They build Chromium from the source code.