error when installing

i just downloaded the newest version of CTM machine but i get this error 'a removable storage device is detected, please eject it and try again. Now the problem is i don’t got one, so that kinda weird ??? is this a bug ore am i just doing something wrong?

Please check if you inject removable media such as flash disk, removable hard disk, SD card etc.
If you have these devices, please eject them. Else could you please provide detail hardware information to us?

Thanks,
Doskey.

hey, i checked again and im positive that i don’t got any removable media injected.
here is a detailed log ;D

Field Value
Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ROBIN-D1E1B0929
User Name Robbo

Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Celeron D, 3200 MHz (24 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 2816 MB
BIOS Type Award (01/11/07)
Communication Port Communicatiepoort (COM1)
Communication Port Printerpoort (LPT1)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter Realtek HD Audio output

Storage
IDE Controller Standaard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
IDE Controller Standaard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Disk Drive ST3250824AS (232 GB, IDE)
Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD±RW GSA-H21N
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 238464 MB (166978 MB free)

Input
Keyboard HID-toetsenbordapparaat
Keyboard HID-toetsenbordapparaat
Mouse HID-compliant muis
Mouse HID-compliant muis

Network
Network Adapter Generic Marvell Yukon Chipset based Ethernet Controller (192.168.1.8)

Peripherals
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host-controller [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Standard Enhanced PCI naar USB-hostcontroller [NoDB]
USB Device Samengesteld USB-apparaat
USB Device Samengesteld USB-apparaat
USB Device USB-apparaat voor massaopslag
USB Device USB-HID
USB Device USB-HID
USB Device USB-HID
USB Device USB-HID

pc is fully updated, runs latest version of Cis, no defragger software

My printer contains a card reader slot and I got this error message until I disconnected the USB cable that connects the printer. Once removed, I was able to complete the install.

If this is the case, how are users that have a PC with a hard wired card reader (like laptops and some HP desktop systems) ever going to install CTM?? Do they have to disable in Device Manager?

Ewen :slight_smile:

I get the same exact message even after removing USB to printer. I cannot install the Time Machine and it is very frustrating.

I too have a printer with a card reader, which I unplugged but to no avail! I refuse to take my PC apart to disconnect the builtin card reader in it! Any idea whether or not this will ever be fixed, or should we write this one off???

Are any of the devs listening?? Is this problem ever going to get fixed? Quite a few modern PCs are built with built-in card readers. If it is never going to be possible to install this product in those machines, why continue development for the relatively FEW machines that do not have a built-in card reader? Also, it would be nice if a developer occasionaly looked at/answered concerns!

We are working on this ;D
Would you please run the checker Comodo Forum on your fail-to-install system and post outputs to us?
Thank you for your cooperation.
Regards

CTM Removable Check opens and closes on my Windows 7 64-bit and never outputs anything.

My output from removable check is:

Output from CTM_removable_check_exe:

\.\PHYSICALDRIVEØ:
geometry ok 12 3a38b2eØØØ
length ok 3a38b2eØØØ

\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1:
geometry fail 21
length fail 21

\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2:
geometry fail 21
length fail 21

\.\PHYSICALDRIVE3:
geometry fail 21
length fail 21

\.\PHYSICALDRIVE4:
geometry fail 21
length fail 21

I tried this with my HP1510 printer unplugged and plugged in, no difference in values. Was a bit difficult because this was a DOS program. Been a while since I’ve had to run any DOS programs! Hope this helps, because the time machine program would be a world class addition!

run it from console
Regards

Any progress fixing the installation PROBLEM??

It would be nice to get an update on whatever progress the devs are having fixing the problems!! ??? ??? ???

devs are working on this issue.
plz wait for next release

Regards

Has work stopped on CTM? It has been several weeks since this problem was first reported and so far, nothing! :o :o :o

Patience is a virtue, my friend, particularly when Comodo are releasing this as freeware.

If I read your posts correctl;y, you have a printer with a built in card reader and possibly a PC with a built in card reader. If this is correct, can you please try the following;

1. Unplug USB cable from printer.
  2. Go to Device Manager and right click/disable your card reader drives.
  3. Run the drive checker utility again and see if it only reports the one drive now.
  4. Attempt to install Time Machine
  5. Report the results back here.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I unplugged the printer and disabled the USB reader drives in Device Manager. Attempted install and BINGO! It worked!! How come no one else came up with this solution?? Will test further and report.