Error stoac017

Not sure about whether I’ve posted this in the correct place…? Have an error showing for my on access scanner & I don’t know what to do about it? It’s the only error & it only shows when I try to turn the on access scanner back ‘ON’. Your thoughts please? Tried a site siearch but nothing came back so here I am…
Bye for now,
Mike

Hi Mike,

The literal meaning of this error code (definition as supplied by CAVS development team) is “Unable to perform desired operation”. Great! 88)

A few months ago I asked for a listing of the internal error codes in CAVS and their probable cause, so I could answer queries just like yours. The document I received back contained 62 error codes, split into 8 categories and each category had a whole ONE description. STOAC017 was in category 8 (along with around 25 other error codes) and the fault description for category 8 was the aforementioned “Unable to perform desired operation”.

No reason why it couldn’t was given.

Possibly the most redundant document since someone translated “How to Speak French” into French! :stuck_out_tongue:

I would go to http://support.comodo.com, register and lodge a support ticket with the official support centre.

Let us know what the response is, please.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

In my experience, this relates to software conflicts with CAVS on-access scanner. One that I know of is SpywareGuard by javacool.

LM