Error 5. Can't install CPF

Hello,

i’ve tried to install CPF3 on Vista Home Premium 64bit. It’s the first time i’ve tried to install a firewall. I’m actually use the windows firewall. Other security software using: “Avira Antivir” and “Spybot - Search & Destroy”

Every time i’ll try to install CPF3 i’ve got an “Error 5 - Access denied - rollback installation”.

I’ve tried:

• several new downloads from comodo.com (the 64bit-version!)
  • righclick on file and start as administrator (it’s an admistrator-account)
  • disable windows firewall, Antivir, Spybot-Resident, UAC and the Windows defender
  • try to install in safe mode
  • serach for errors in registry with cc-cleaner
    …and everything above in all possible combinations. :wink: …but evertime the same error… :frowning:

edit: I could install CMF without any problems…

Any ideas or hints? Thx! (btw: sorry for my bad english :wink: )

No one any ideas? :frowning:

Sorry it won’t install, at least you’ve tried all things I could possibly think of myself. :-\ Oh wait, is your Vista fully updated - SP1 etc.?

LA

ps. welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

“Access denied” is a big hint. If it’s Vista, I bet you have to right-click the setup to run as Administrator.

So you did already ;D. Something like your security is preventing access rights/permissions to install CFP. Maybe UAC?

Never mind. You already disabled that too ;D. One thing is certain: installing in Safe Mode doesn’t work like it did in CFP 2. CCleaner’s registry scan is quite soft - try something more hardcore like Revo Uninstaller to see if it can detect something.

Apparently, this fellow was somehow able to install in Safe Mode :-X and (s)he was in the same situation:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/error_5_access_is_denied_rolling_back_installation-t23762.0.html

Just a thought,have you tried setting the various services running (ie Avira,Winpatrol ect) to diabled in services.msc then re-booting the machine,double check to make sure there not started and then trying.
Also see if there is any registry key under My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup

Matty

ps. welcome to the forum

Thanx :slight_smile:
Yes, Vista is up to date…SP1 installed.

CCleaner's registry scan is quite soft - try something more hardcore like Revo Uninstaller to see if it can detect something.

Tried Revo Uninstaller and Wise Registry Cleaner. Some things repaired…but same error during installing CFP

have you tried setting the various services running (ie Avira,Winpatrol ect) to diabled in services.msc then re-booting the machine,double check to make sure there not started and then trying.

Tried now. Even uninstall AV. Without success.

Also see if there is any registry key under My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup

Only the key from CMF. CMF deinstalled…registry is clean. No success.

I’m afraid it’s time for format c: and a weekend on my pc… :wink:

Had the same problem on one of my friends computer but managed to install the Firewall in Safe Mode after running the CFP Registry Cleaner.

I’ve already tried the CFP Registry Cleaner. But I forgot to list it. :wink: Now I’ve tried the Registry Cleaner again during Safe Mode. No files found. After that i’ve tried again to install CFP in Safe Mode. No chance! :slight_smile: