Error 106: Update could not be completed

When I try update Comodo Firewall I get Error 106. I read this topic and set “Log as a firewall event if this rule is fired” up in blocking rules for svchost.exe, Internet Explorer, System and explorer.exe. After this I tried to update firewall. I’ve received Error 106 again but I havent received records to log. And I havent got any questions from firewall with “Ask” rules instead of “Block” rules. What could it be?

Which version are you trying to update from?

Dennis

Comodo Firewall 3.8.65951.477. Another components of CIS I didn’t install.

Sorry I do not think you can update from 3.8 to 3.10

You will have to uninstall 3.8 and install 3.10
Please do a System restore point or image if possible before you uninstall / install

Dennis

When 3.9 was release it required a two stage update from 3.8 to 3.9 which I believe was only available at that time.

If I install 3.10 above 3.8 would be updated 3.8 to 3.10?

You can try but I believe it will ask to uninstall 3.8 first.

Dennis

It will. Make sure to leave firewall at training mode for at least 24 hours before setting it to safe mode, or else it may block updates in the future.

IMO Tranning Mode is not recommended, CIS comes with preset rules for itself. it doesnt need tranning mode to update.

Good opinion, but think about if someone has an antispyware program running that also has realtime protection. What would happen to their internet connection? Their internet connection would be very limited. By setting CIS to training mode for 24 hours, this will prevent CIS from blocking or severely limiting the internet connection.

I have tried this same method on more than 5 computers, and those computers are still safe from malware. Meaning that the computers did not have malware on it after this method was placed intact. See what I mean?

Your right, but im not sure if Tranning mode is just for applications on the PC, or does it make rules for incomming requests. Makes you wish the firewall had a Clean PC Mode like D+. :slight_smile:

And the OP doesnt have Other realtime programs posted, so for him its not needed.