ERROR 0x80092004

Collection of Secure Email Certificate

Attempting to collect and install your Free Certificate…

ERROR 0x80092004: CertEnroll::CX509Enrollment::p_InstallResponse: Az objektum vagy tulajdonság nem található. 0x80092004 (-2146885628)

allways: administrator or user, defense software shutdown…

Windows Vista 64 Home Premium SP1, IE7
Comodo Firewall 3, BOCLEAN 4.27, Avast 4.8 HOME, A-squared mailware, Windows Defender.

Hi alphard,

What version of CSE are you using?

Hi, Alphard

As I understand - you have tried to install e-mail certificate via webpage (You’ve clicked on the button inside Collection e-mail) and after enter all needed data - received an error message. (“0x80092004: Object or property not found”).
Usually this message is occuring when you’re ordering your certificate from 1st PC but trying to install it on another PC.
And You SHOULD install it on the same PC (and Comodo SecureEmail should Automatically ask user and install certificate for you when detects Collection e-mail)
Note: If you received your collection e-mail (with button “Install certificate” inside) - then either Comodo SecureEmail isn’t installed or it don’t setup properly for this e-mail account. (And If you ordered certificate via Comodo SecureEmail Sign Up Wizard - then Comodo SecureEmail is already installed - so either you tried to install certificate on different PC - either you should check if Comodo SecureEmail’s settings are correct).
Also, you should note that only beginning with 1.1 version of CSE (Comodo SecureEmail) - it supports SSL accounts. Please check your CSE’s version.

Regards, Eugene.

What version of CSE are you using? 1.1.0.6 (Thunderbird 32bit → CSE 32 bit version)

As I understand - you have tried to install e-mail certificate via webpage (You’ve clicked on the button inside Collection e-mail) and after enter all needed data - received an error message. (“0x80092004: Object or property not found”).
Usually this message is occuring when you’re ordering your certificate from 1st PC but trying to install it on another PC.
Not another! (Vista64 IE is “virtual PC” based “secure” browser…) I try certification and collect one PC. Although my generated personal key may have got lost.

My problem is a certification key collect.
IE7 allways say:ERROR 0x80092004: CertEnroll::CX509Enrollment::p_InstallResponse…
Wrote it on a last week another bowser, only IE may be. (activex?)

I try another browser this week.
Firefox allways say: Ezt a személyes tanúsítványt nem lehet telepíteni, mert nem rendelkezik a megfelelő személyes kulccsal, amely a tanúsítvány kérésekor jött létre. Im hungaryan, and poor english… ~ It is not possible to install this personal certificate because a personal key, which came into existence at the time of the request of the certificate, is not at disposal of the equivalent.
Opera collect the key, but not personal, in other people.
Export and import CCE, but certificates other people key not personal.
Although my generated personal key (sign up wizard generate personal key in pc?) may have got lost?

The certification signup wizard or the web page: revoke password.
I think: revoke the certificate and new signup process “old” email. But as what may be?

Hi Alphard,

We’ve looking into this issue now and will respond to you soon

Regards, Eugene

I’m getting a similar message whenever I try to retrieve my free Comodo Certificate as well. :cry:

ERROR 0x80092004: CertEnroll::CX509Enrollment::p_InstallResponse: Cannot find object or property. 0x80092004 (-2146885628)

I’m 100% sure that I’m using the exact same PC with the exact same web browser and e-mail client. What happened was I needed to do afresh Vista install and forgot to back up my certificates so I’m having to (try to) download the free Comodo Certificate by keying in the details that was e-mail to me when I initially signed up.

Please let me know if I need to provide the e-mail address I’m claiming the certificate for here, or better yet, if there’s a way to delete my free Comodo Certificates in your database (I have two) so I can just sign up for fresh ones.

Note: I just verified that I am UNABLE to install both certificates. Please let me know if there’s a way for me to delete those certificates so I can sign up for new ones.

Thanks!

Hi Lucienium,

Sometimes it’s a browser, cookie or popup issue. Can you please use IE and set it to allow popups and cookies.

I think you can contact Customer Support and have your certificates deleted but the quickest way is to try and resolve the issue in the first instance. Please try the above and post back.

Eric

Hi, everyone i am mexican i am tryng to install comodo email certificate, i read all the question in this forum about the ERROR 0x80092004, but how i fix this error in the computer, never i install this program or comodo email certificate, how i fix this ??? thanks for the answers. :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

The error may be / may have been related to some other software running on the person’s machine. I’ve personally never experienced this error. Should you have any problems when running CSecureEmail, just post your issue here in the forums and one of us will do what we can to resolve the problem.

Eric

I have a similar situation where I get the error:
ERROR 0x80092004: CertEnroll::CX509Enrollment::p_InstallResponse: Cannot find object or property. 0x80092004 (-2146885628)

I am certain that it is due to not having the private key that is generated when the certificate is issued.

I know this because I am using a portable USB drive that has a version of FireFox previous to when the key was generated.

My question is is there a way to regenerate a new key for the same email address or reissue a new .P12 PIE file. The backup file was also on the USB drive that failed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim Fears