error 002: failed to load safelist database

Just installed COMODO Antivirius. Did the process to build the safelist database. When I scan files (any method) I get this error. I looked through the forum ans saw several post pertaining to this error with no responses.

Hope I have better luck!

CAVS 2 is Beta.

I don’t suggest using CAVS 2. All development has stopped on CAVS 2 & CAVS 3 is around the corner, Which is going to be greatly improved in every way!

Use Avast for now :slight_smile:

Josh

IMHO AVAST is not much better if any at all + it has the world’s worst interface.

Do you know 100% for sure if there is no solution to the error?

Thanks,

Hi brmwia

Welcome to the Comodo forum

As far as I know the only fix for this would be an uninstall and then a reinstall with your other security apps disabled. It seems that it is a conflict with another application. Josh is correct that beta 2 is no longer being developed as CAVS 3 is ready to roll at the end of the month. (hopefully)

John

Hi JJasper,

Thanks for your response. However, I have no security apps other than COMODO antivirus and the firewall on my router and no way am I turning that off.

Also, I have reinstalled the app and on two different PC’s and have the same problem with both. I know I am not the only one who has had this problem as I see several references in the forum to this, but always with no answer. When there are only beta version and no tech support for beta products except from within the forum and the response from the forum is use something else, I don’t see how COMODO expects to gain any kind of market share.

Can anyone tell me the file name of the safelist database file and what folder it should be in. Seems weird that I took option and time to generate the file and now the application can’t find it.

Thanks,

brmwia

Hi brmwia

No, you sure don’t want to turn off your router firewall. What I was meaning was any installed security app, which you apparently have none.

The database for CAVS is in Docs and settings → all users → application data → Comodo → Comodo Antivirus → SafeDB. (at least that is where it is for me) There is also a troubleshooting log in the Comodo Antivirus folder. You may want to check out USDBMaker.log to see if there are any problems. There are also a bunch more logs you may want to check through to see if you can find anything suspicious.

Let us know if you find anything or get it working.

John

I also have the same problem - Did you figure how to fix it ???
My CAVS scheduled daily scan also requires me to hit OK on that error code 002-but then starts.
I would like eliminate having to overide that re-occurring error code + failure to begin the scan. So it will start itself.
If you get the problem resolved - I would greatly appreciate the info on what to do to fix this. Thanks

Was your original installation done under an Administrator account?

When installation was completed a reboot would have been required. Was the next login (when the safelist was compiled) done under an Administrator account?

Ewen :slight_smile:

(:NRD) ehm, i used CAVS 2 before switching to other AV. i had the same 002 problem, sometimes you could just stop & retry scanning (maybe 10-15 times :stuck_out_tongue: ).
but as josh said, maybe you should consider switching to other AV for now.
(:HUG)

And it is now September, the error continues and as far as I can tell, no version 3 is available yet.

No, it does not help to re-install. I did that (yes in an admin account) in a regular boot, in a safe mode boot and in a clean boot (all services stopped but system services) and still get Error 002: failed to load safelist databse.

The only other security running is Comodo BOClean and Comodo firewell.

Well…guess this will never be addressed in 2 and hopefully will not appear in 3.

:-\

Hi tjbinno

Welcome!

I am happy to tell you that version 3 is available in Beta. It seems to be very stable with only the scan giving a few problems with memory retention. If you wish to try it, it is located here.

It is packaged along with CIS (Comodo Internet Security), but can be installed alone or along with the firewall.

John