Enterprise Firewall Wishlist rev 1

Hi Everyone

Here is a firewall for enterprises that will protect your perimeter. The difference between this and other firewalls like CISCO, Astaro is that this is very easy to setup and manage! Its a WYSIWYG and all the rule creation etc handled from the GUI that you setup using drag and drop.

http://firewall.trustix.com/small/

Its free, it will be for sometime to come. It will not be free forever, but please use it and enjoy it for free for now. Also please give us feedback about how you would like to improve it.

thanks

Melih

Hi Meilh,

Has this firewall been updated/changed/fixed since the the start of the year? I have tried it (4.6) as the GIF shows the version # is and then tried 4.7 which is the current download.

I have had major issues on keeping it alive and stable…I did realy like it and make a lot of comments about it in other forums for improvements.

Guess I am trying to see just where the product is today…I am willing to try it again, but only if it has had some work done on it.

Gary

You are right Gary, it needed a major improvement!
I think around March/April we released a new version that addressed majority of the bugs that made it stable! Pls do give it a go and let us know the results. We have seen an uptake in the usage of this firewall lately.

thanks
Melih

OK,

I’ll download it again. I will do a DIFF on the download as to the current one I have from a while ago (hope I can find it). If the files are different then I will try it again.

Gary

ok.

Melih

Well,

I just tried to download the ISO for this firewall and gave up. I’m in my office on a Fiber 100MB Internet connection and the ISO is taking for ever to download. Not sure what the connection is for this download…but it is acting like a MODEM…

Giving up…It sais another 4 hours…

Gary

OK,

I finaly got this downloaded. I can not find my last download ISO so I can not compair what I did test before (Trustix | Empowering Trust and Security in the Digital Age). I will give this one more go and see what happens.

Gary

Great.
look forward to your feedback Gary.

thanks
Melih

If it can protect companies then it must be good enough for personal use right?

Wrong, it is indeed very strong, but it is not designed for personal use, it is designed for servers, and servers only, the Comodo Personal Firewall is designed for personal use, the Enterprise firewall wouldn’t be of use to the regular PC user.

Its a perimeter security firewall for enterprises. You need a whole machine used as your firewall to protect you. You can’t use your PC for anything else if you use it as Enterprise firewall.

Melih

oh ok I guess seen I only have one pc…I guess it’s comodo home for me

Don’t look at it that way, the other firewall is used for Enterprise servers and that is it, you still are getting the best PC Firewall (paid or free) by using Comodo Personal Firewall, its all a matter of the way the firewall protects you, the enterprise server one protects in ways so servers at a business won’t be hacked, the Comodo Personal Firewall protects you in ways where your home PC won’t get hacked.