Emule correct rules to set

Hi all,
I have a simple question about the “Application Rules” to choose for emule into Comodo firewall 10.
For Emule I set the following Global Rules:

Rule 1 in global
• Action : Allow
• Protocol : TCP or UDP
• Direction : In
• Description : Rule for incoming TCP and UDP EMULE connections
• Source Address : Any Address
• Destination Address : MAC address of my PC
• Source port : A Port Range : Any
• Destination port : A Set of ports : (Ports : My TCP and UDP ports of Emule)

After executed Emule application, Comodo asked me how to threat emule application.
Is correct to set emule as “Allowed” application or I need to use the following Ruleset created duplicating the Global Rules?
Ruleset emule:
• Action : Allow
• Protocol : TCP or UDP
• Direction : In
• Description : Rule for incoming TCP and UDP EMULE connections
• Source Address : Any Address
• Destination Address : MAC address of my PC
• Source port : A Port Range : Any
• Destination port : A Set of ports : (Ports : My TCP and UDP ports of Emule)

Which settings is correct:

1. Create only Global Rules rule (as reported above) + set emule as “Allowed” application into “Application Rules”
    or
  2. Create Global Rules rule as reported above, copy also the same rule into “Rulesets” + set emule treat as the Rulesets created for emule into “Application Rules”

I believe that you need both (but would be happy to be proven wrong).

The Global rule determines whether the incoming unsolicited data can get into your system.

The Application rule determines what application can control the data once it has entered the system.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your reply.
but is possible to update the comodo 10 documentation help where is written how to set correctly Comodo for Emule/BitTorrent/P2P file sharing? Also there the rules are wrong?

The guide in the Help File is not wrong, it’s just a different way to do it.

Either method will work, but, IMHO, creating two rules is simpler to start with and eaier to troubleshoot if issues arise.

Cheers,

The guide in the Help File is not wrong, it's just a different way to do it.
Let me said that it's wrong. I had it working for a long time, but after upgraded to COmodo 10 version, my Kad was always firewalled, as also report in old post here in forum. Now I just understand if I need to apply both rules or is not necessary, or exist another way for Emule.

If using the two rules (1 X Global and 1 X Application) works for you, then that’s the answer.

Cheers,