Easy VPN 1.6.1.0 Remote Desktop connects for less than 1 second

Make sure that this info is placed in all your bugreports even if you join an existing topic to confirm that you are affected too.

* CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)  

Each is a duo core 64 bit Intel CPU
* Operating System information (including Service Pack Version)
Most current Vista Home premium on each - Inviting computer 32 bit | accepting invitation computer, 64 bit
* Actively-running security and utility applications
inviting computer Comodo firewall, Avast antivirus : accept invitation computer, Windows firewall. avast antivirus
* Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step).
Accept invitation and session is immediately ended. This is on two computers in the same room, connected to the internet via the same router.
* Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
Turn off Windows Firewall, pause Standard Shield, Network Shield & P2P shield on avast on accepting computer - same results. turn it all back on. Turn off Comodo Firewall, and Comodo Defense +, plus ditto avast on inviting computer - same results, immediate disconnection.
* If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD please post it in the bug report.
What is BSOD? I rebooted each computer, same results.
* Report if you are using an Administrator account Or a Limited User account. Vista users please Report if you have UAC Disabled or Enabled
Administrator accounts, UAC disabled on each computer

The inviting computer is a laptop with a wireless connection to the router, the accepting computer is a desktop, hard wired.

* CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)

32 bit - remote
32 bit - client
* Operating System information (including Service Pack Version)
XP 5.1.2600, Service Pack 3, Build 2600 - remote
XP - client
* Actively-running security and utility applications
ZoneAlarm, Avast AntiVirus, Spybot, Windows Defender - remote
Windows Firewall, Symantec AntiVirus - client
* Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step).
Try to connect remotely to control desktop via password only. Both systems report a successful connection, client displays a new blank window (presumably the remote desktop?), then is quickly reported disconnected.
* Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
Attempted multiple times. I’m a new user and have never previously had a successful remote desktop session.
* If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD please post it in the bug report
PC does not reboot, simply disconnects.
* Report if you are using an Administrator account Or a Limited User account. Vista users please Report if you have UAC Disabled or Enabled
Admin - remote
Admin - client

This topic looks relevant, but has not been active for months. Is this still an active bug report?
As a new user, should I continue to invest any time in EasyVPN if this doesn’t work?

Try updating to the latest version.

I updated to version 1.7.6.0 when it came out. I’ve had only slightly better results.

Instead of disconnecting immediately during the connect process, it now connects and allows control anywhere from several seconds to 10’s of minutes. Ultimately, though, it always loses the connection and has to be reestablished. That is painful, but what is much worse is that it also usually crashes on the host at some point - then, I can’t reestablish the connection at all without a physical visit to the remote machine.