Dragon Helper

Hi

What is Dragon Helper?

Dragon Helper is program that is started a couple of minutes after Dragon was installed with a product offer. You can decline or accept the offer to change the default search engine and homepage to Yahoo. It only shows up once and it will never show up again. See attached image.

Two inaccuracies in one post…

When this pops up on my machine, it can not be clicked. The buttons are so low they are off the window. So I can’t decline or say OK. I have to find the process in the Task Manager and kill it.

The other inaccuracy is that it comes up every time I reboot Windows. So I have this problem every time I install updates.

The suspect the problem with not being able to dismiss the window is because my Windows zoom factor is something like 125% or maybe higher. Perhaps that should be accommodated when designing the window. Or… maybe allow the user to resize the window?

I believe that it re-appears after a reboot on your system because it has never received a response (ACCEPT or DECLINE).

The suspect the problem with not being able to dismiss the window is because my Windows zoom factor is something like 125% or maybe higher. Perhaps that should be accommodated when designing the window. Or... maybe allow the user to resize the window?

When you next reboot your system and the Helper window is on screen, please consider trying the following ;

• temporarily changing your zoom factor back to 100% (to make the Helper window fully visible)
  • clicking DECLINE or ACCEPT
  • changing your zoom factor back to whatever your personal preference is
  • reboot your system again (to test whether the Helper window will or will not reappear

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I have tried that, but it eventually returns. Perhaps from a CD update, I don’t know. But it is very annoying. Why can’t such dialog boxes be designed properly, keeping in mind that not everyone uses their computers with all default settings?

AFAIK, every time Dragon updates, the popup comes back.

Is there a reason why this can’t be fixed? Changing the Windows zoom requires a reboot of the entire machine. All that needs to be done to address this issue is to allow the controls in the dialog box to be controlled by keyboard actions. Tab is used to move between controls within the dialog. Space or Enter is used to activate a control. At one time it was mandatory for a program to work using the Windows conventions for keyboard controls for some sort of approval or to use a logo or something. It’s still a good idea.

Make a feature request.

Ok, I request a feature to fix this problem. Will that do it?