Dragon and Roboform

Would it be possible to use Roboform with Dragon? Latest version seems to support Google Chrome fine. I even found a special version which also supports Chromium. I understand this should be Roboform’s problem, but since they are not likely to ever support Dragon, I thought I should ask here for help.

I do not wish to use Roboform Lite, but the full version.

Thanks

Have you tried it?

I’m no longer a Roboform user, but I have used it with Dragon.

I did have a problem with the toolbar. After hiding it, I couldn’t figure out how to make it come back. Even uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t fix it. Emailing Roboform support netted me the answer that they don’t support Chromium variants.

After that, I used the extension version (Roboform Lite) and it did everything I wanted it to do.

Yes I did and it does not work. Did you take any specia steps to install/use it?

I don’t really trust Roboform Lite, ie. I don’t like the idea to have all my passwords stored online. And also I am not really in love with Roboform, I just didn’t find any similar tool. Would you recommend an alternative? I need only the basic features (store credentials and open them automatically - no form filling etc).

Not sure if this is related but Firefox users also seem to have issues with Roboform, their even talking about an automatic disable of this add-on because it conflicts.
So it seems Roboform can’t keep up with the current browser release speed… as said might be related.

No, I didn’t need to take any special steps to install/use it.

I’m currently using LastPass, which works fairly well. I can’t get it to work on my banking website though, which Roboform had no problems with. If you don’t like the idea of your passwords being stored online, you probably won’t like LastPass.

You might give Roboform Bookmarklets a try.

To use Roboform with any Chromium build:

1. Open your Chromium browser (ie Dragon)
  2. Ctr+H will open your browser history. On the left margin you will see the following list: History, Extensions, Settings. Click Extensions.
  3. At the top of the Extensions page click the button “Load unpacked extension…”
  4. Navigate to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\Chrome” (or wherever this folder is on your computer) and click OK.
  5. You should now see the Roboform extension information loaded.
RoboForm 7.8.5.7 RoboForm AddOn for Google Chrome ID: pnlccmojcmeohlpggmfnbbiapkmbliob Loaded from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\Chrome Inspect views: background.html

Very helpful post, myteam. This worked like a charm for me.

One detail that I would add to these instructions: When you get to the extensions page switch to “developer mode” if you are not already in that mode.