Don't Blame Your browser!

]The sign-up page for Comodo forums has a security flaw[/b]. It has “show my email address to the public” already ticked off. It should be automatically un-ticked. Fortunately I read everything before clicking & noticed the above flaw and un-ticked it. I also make it a habit of checking my profile page before using any new website.

I made sure I checked off:
Hide email address from public?
and
Show others your online status?

Security is the job of everyone. the OS, the Browser, the PC, email, every application (like adobe,flash player, etc.), and even forums & other social websites, but also the end user.

In the analogy of the car. The fool who leaves his car unattended & unlocked & running & shouldn’t wonder why it got stolen or why the insurance company won’t cover it completely if it got smashed up.

All the security in the world won’t help if the end user is totally oblivious. You can’t make anything foolproof. If you do, a fool will operate it. Unfortunately, most computer users are people who operate a computer at work & don’t care about security or even backing up the data (the fools). That’s why the biggest hackers are actually targeting the end user. Phishing, Nigerian-scam emails, free programs, click the monkey, fake scanners, the list is limited only by man’s imagination.

On a good note, for end users who are smart, along comes comodo. I researched on YouTube, Google,etc. I ran anti-maleware programs Hitman Pro, Malewarebytes Anti-Maleware, spybot. There was a ton of maleware on my computer. I then uninstalled zone-alarm & Avira & installed the free Comodo premium program. I’m now 100% maleware free. I then installed Comodo System Cleaner. It did a good job & was the safest reg cleaner I have used. It doesn’t make any permanent changes until you test your system. Fantastic. I still used regseeker to clean up some links that could not be found.

So far so good. My computer boots twice as fast. I get up to 360 MB of ram available out of 500 MB. The system seems to run smoother. I don’t get any more running out of virtual memory warnings when I have multiple tabs open in my browser. Initially it was slower when it “learned”. But it got faster by the next day. There were a few false positives but they were quarantined & I restored them from quarantine.

This is definitely not a program for the novice, however. I had trouble setting up the network between two computers because Comodo blocked the link until I turned off Comodo, ran the network wizard on both computers, then turned on Comodo again. I then found the program in defense plus “View defenses & events” and added “network1” to the trusted files just to make sure.

After these minor incidents it works flawlessly.

Great job Comodo.

can any one tell me recently i installed d comodo interne sec,. ver.5 does it have a good malware detection other than kaspesky nd nortion.

fixed quote

MY COMODO I.S. GOT A TROJAN . AGENT/ GEN-FALCOMP IN PROGRAMFILES/COMODO
NOW WHEN C.I.S. RUNS A SCAN MY TOWER SHUTS OFF, WHY AND WHAT DO I DO?

This is not the best place to post this.

Please start a new topic here and it will be easier to help you.

Hi Melih,

Thank you for informative and great article :-TU

Regards,
Kardo