Don't Blame Your browser!

Great article Melih I just read it and passed it along on facebook since a lot of my friends on there are my customers that dont know diddly about security.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Melih

browsers and security products must integrate better in the future

Hi Guys,

Please can someone help me? I think I installed comodo for my computer a while ago.

Ever since I now have a comodo screen pop up when i visit a site that doesnt exist.

Its really annoying and I want me old firefox 404 page!

For example, I get this page:

http://securedns.comodo.com/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=xx&ParticipantID=xd34nu3b7tg9r2jcd9fb8jjdzztv2dxl&FailureMode=1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fsddsafaadsf.com%2F&AddInType=4&Version=2.1.8-1.67base&Referer=&Implementation=0

How on earth do I get rid of this comodo thing?

thanks

its the comodo dns server its good but if u dont want it just google reset dns <----i think this is how u do it
but the comodo dns servers make u safer and faster

hi darthfirefox,

thanks for the reply.

I tried that but it didnt seem to work. I typed this in command prompt:

ipconfig /flushdns

And restarted but it hasnt fixed it.

Any other ideas?

thanks

do run your internet straight into the computer or do you have a router

Hi darthfirefox,

I have a wireless router. Do I need to reset it or something?

thanks

Every time I run a virus scan with Comodo 4.1.150349.920, about 20 minutes into the scan I get a Blue Screen of Death. (Kernel_Stack_In Page.Error 0X0077)
I am running Windows XP SP3 3.20 GHz 2 GB Ram Asus Motherboard.
This seems to have started when I installed the latest verison of Comodo. I have uninstall and reinstalled Comodo at least 2 times but I still get the Blue Screen when I run a virus scan.

Help!

go to the router adress which is probly http://192.168.1.1/ and the username is usally admin and password is password and change ur dns settings …(if my stuff doesnt work)google ur router brand and u can ge the ip adress and the other info

Can you please repost your problem in a new topic here:

You will be much more likely to get help there.

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us Melih.

Always interesting following your work here, it’s a great inspiration!

Would like to reply with a couple of lines here as some sort of feedback for Comodo.

I’ve been using Microsoft’s Windows XP together with IE since 2004 and found the great use of CIS just two years ago. I haven’t tested your browser yet the Dragon so I do not have any testimonials from this one.

What I feel could be one good way in make the web experience more secure could be by using more of the virtual solutions when we use internet with our browsers.

The vast majority of many ordinary users maybe do not know that much of all the good by using virtual products like sandboxie, virtual machines and similar and how much these things can improve our own protection and security.

Recently, I saw a project from Dell there they developed a browser (Firefox) to run virtual.
I download it and installed it on my machine of curiosity just to see the difference.
And I can only say, it surprise me that there is not more vendors out there that provide their users with the same solutions as it should be much more secure to run the browser like a VM instead of how we run ordinary
software in Windows.

Wouldn’t this be a interesting new challenge for Comodo in develope a virtual browser which can prevent changes in the system from downloaded files from internet and run in protected virtual mode?

Would be nice if it had the speed from webkit engine and provided the users the possibility to use addons like in IE/Firefox e.g Roboform for login passwords and together with tabbed windows.

Please Melih :-*

you tried comodo dragon?

The browser doesn’t protect you from downloading malware. A virtualized browser running in the cloud would however. Hey that’s a good idea… browse the internet inside a virtual sandbox in the cloud. That way malware stays in the sandbox…on the cloud computer…on the internet!

Yes I used the oportunity right after I wrote my post here and installed it.
It’s fast and works very good together with flash on webpages.
Issues I usually have when scroll up and down on pages with other browsers almost doesn’t exist in Dragon.
I assume alot of people would say it’s a userfriendly browser with the “clean” interface.
Saw there was a Bookmark manager, very useful feature that I guess many like.
From my own side, I’d love to see some more improvements of the “History” feature in make it smaller and more effective to use as it needs “pages” to go through.
For be that kind of user that like to work with settings there could be some more.
Why not make two versions, one which comes with premade default easy settings and another with more settings to change for advanced users, that could be an interesting choice.

But from my first impression it wasn’t bad at all!
Very cute girls by the way on the first page :wink:

I think that would be next step in how browsers should be created.
Virtualized protection is’nt wrong in reach a high level of protection for the users.
It has the ability in roll back and start all over again in a clean state.
For example when download something, content on a webpage, files etc. it’s possible do this in a protected environment were these files can’t make any changes in the ordinary system as long the user has not yet give the promition for it. If you then want to run a setup file on your system you can also do that in a sandbox in the browser or the sandbox in the Comodo security suite.

There is one opinion that I have regarding what’s happen right now out there on internet.
I think Comodo should rely on their own idea and not following “the cloud thing” or “the Google thing”
Just watch what happened recently when Hotmail made their “copy” of Google by their new upgrade of 1,3 Billions accounts all over the world. I wasn’t pleased that day this faced myself when checked my own mails.
I can not read my mails any longer with my CRT screen and this graphic card I have installed besides they doesn’t take any responsibility in protect their own users from advertisement interests when dealing with their partners.
Just read their legal policy statement EULA and even a kid will understand that their users have no rights what so ever. Should it be like this and this is Microsoft?
Unbelievable

When talking of e-mails and Hotmail…

Do you think there could be a way in develop a e-mail service online for Comodo users?
I guess that could be right moment for doing it right now :-La

I see that this browser is the same as Google chrome it no reason I need this one if the same thing :slight_smile:

I agree, the interface is just a little bit different, but im a Mozilla Firefox user… ;D

Memory firewalls ; excellent idea.