Does Windows Remote Desktop not work with Comodo?

I have tried searching for info on this in the forum and elsewhere and have not found a solid answer.

Does Windows Remote Desktop work with CFP? If so, how do I set it up?

I don’t even see a connection log representing an attempted connection when I try remoting in.

This forum post: https://forums.comodo.com/help/no_comodowindows_open_when_using_remotedesktopconnection_in_winxp-t8922.0.html

indicates that CFP does not work with RDC… Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Iso

I think the other topic you mentioned is different. That seemed to be referring to using and configuring Comodo over the Remote Desktop Configuration.
Is that the same question you are asking or are you just asking whether you can set Comodo (in advance) so that you can use Remote Desktop Connection to control the PC and use other apps etc?

Subtle but important difference if I haven’t confused you too much.

I also want to do the latter and would be surprised if that could not be done, surely just a matter of opening up the right ports in Network Monitor?

Iso,

Are you trying to do RDC:

Local w/CFP to Remote w/o CFP,

Local w/o CFP to Remote w/CFP,

or

Local w/CFP to Remote w/CFP?

RDC is going to use svchost.exe I am sure, so svchost.exe will need to be allowed (probably full access) in Application Monitor.

Chances are, you will need to Add a Zone (on any computer using CFP) which would encompass the static IP address of the host. Then that Zone will be used to Define a New Trusted Network. This can be done in Security/Tasks.

LM

I don’t want to hijack the OP’s thread but for me I am trying to connect from a local PC w/o CFP to my remote PC with CFP. Should I just add the correct port to my allow list in Network Monitor (3389 I think) on my remote PC?
I was concerned, still not sure I understand, but how does CFP make sure that traffic coming into the PC on the open port goes only to the application required, or is that where the Application rules come in? (I think it’s starting to work its way into my brain!)

At the minimum, yes. You would need an In rule in Network Monitor, for traffic on that port. Problem might come in with what protocols might be necessary. In order to specify a Destination Port, you can only specify TCP or UDP (or both) traffic, but you might need other protocols for the kind of connectivity needed.

Most likely, you are going to need to define a Zone (Security/Tasks) that would encompass the Source IP, then define that Zone as a Trusted Network (Security/Tasks). This will create two Network Monitor Rules at the top (positions Rule ID 0 & 1), which will allow unencumbered connectivity between the two points…

You’re on the right track! In order for traffic to pass successfully thru NetMon, it has be able to be received by an approved application (Allowed in AppMon) which is active or listening on the assigned port. This is due to CFP’s layered security. You can read more about that aspect of CFP here: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6167.0.html

LM