Does Comodo have too many pop ups?

yes melih. i did. lots of people dont want to have to enter a password. sometimes people install software. but also, you have to enter a password to use certain stuff.

would it be too much to ask for maybe a preconfigured “granny” mode so i can install it on machines of others and walk away and feel confident i wont get tons of calls later. and also they feel relatively confident they are protected. i work with all kinds of people. there is no “one” kind of person that computes the same way as the next.

OK. AND I WILL TELL YOU ONE MORE TIME! EVERY PIECE OF SOFTWARE! HOWS THAT? EVERY SINGLE ONE. EVERYONE! EVERYONE! ALL OF THEM! PICK ONE!

no pattern… lets take office for example. at least 25 clicks to allow. hows that! get it. or how about, oh, something simple, like winrar. at least 5 clicks there. then there are the 2 annoying clicks to tell it to go to install mode. one to turn it on and one to turn it off. how annoying.

the pop ups are getting worse. i read these forums. did you 1st spend an hour configuring cis?

THAT IS MY POINT!

ok. which version are you talking about? 3.8 or 3.9 was the best ones.

and now your saying very well known programs that have been around for a decade or 2 arent trustworthy? i guess ms office isnt trustworthy now? how about kapersky av? they are not trustworthy. oh, lets not forget about the venerable(and apparently NOW) untrustworthy firefox?

You have made your point abundantly clear by now.

Yet you still fail to provide us with any useful information about how you work with CIS to see if we can get to the bottom of what is happening. It sounds like you are using Proactive Security with D+ and Firewall notched up to Paranoid.

why dont you tell me what you need? i have said it over and over. and no, i had it set about as un paranoid as possible. i have taken it off now, along with about 50 other people’s machines at their adament and annoyed requests. what could be more useful than saying there are way to many pop ups with everything i install? nothing strange or weird. everyday ordinary software that most of the planet uses everyday.

v941726, are you saying that you no longer have CIS installed & do not wish to install it again?

Personally, with 50 other user’s machines on the line, I’d be sweating buckets about the, not so small, fact that I was in a minority with this issue… along with the 50 other machines I’d previously installed it on. After all, I would be an obvious common denominator.

I have just installed a well known everyday application, it`s called Opera 10 beta and guess what i got apart from a UAC prompt?

Nothing plus i didn`t have to switch to “Installation Mode”

My configuration is Proactive security with Defence+ in Safe-Mode. Try it yourself…

Might try Firefox next, just to see!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey I’m on your side I’m saying CIS should never give popups for known trusted vendors but, unfortunately, it does. I was reinforcing your point, not arguing against it.

As far as Opera goes, it will not give popups because Opera Software is in the default trusted vendors list. That list needs to be much, much bigger. I have come to the conclusion that the only acceptable setting for D+ is Clean PC mode. Even Safe mode is far too aggressive.

this is pretty close minded. so comodo is just for techies. im a techie but im not a typical arrogant one.

and no i dont use it anymore for reasons i have vehemently stated. im not sweating buckets anymore. they have something useful now. i wont re-install it til its fixed

what minority? you guys are moderators. its your job to make your own machines work the way you want it to. that way you can say its all nice nice. real people disagree. do you read this forum? i dont see many “everythings perfect” feedback. except for you guys

if your talking to me, i have tried about 100. guess what? i have the same configuration. and like i have said before, cis is the 1st piece of software i install.

Comodo is not just for techies. As I said in my previous post I am your everyday grandpa Joe the worker of 60yrs old. You asked how others configure Comodo. Now let me tell you how I do mine. In the case of going from v3.9 to v3.10 I never even went for a clean install just did it through the update. The only glitch with that was that I lost my settings which by the way was remedied with the update to 531. As soon as the update was complete and I realised I had lost my settings I came here and did what I have done every time before which is set my protection level to Pro-Active Defence, Firewall and Defence+ in Clean PC mode and follow the set up instructions compiled by Kyle in the Guides heading at these forums. I then set a rule for ports 67 & 68 in order for my ISP to renew my IP. This all takes me approx 10 -15 mins to do.When I am finished I go to Shields Up and test it get a 100% Stealthed report and then it is on to happy safe surfing. What could possibly be easier than that unless you are deliberately making it ■■■■■■■ yourself. Try it out you may be surprised at how easy it is.

ok. clearly cis is inconsistent. which just goes with the point i have been trying to make

also opera is sort of an overlay. i’m just trying to help. at least someone is on my side. im not making this stuff up for fun you know(i hope).

So, you don’t have CIS, you have no intention of reinstalling it again until it is fixed, I don’t read the forums & I’m close minded (thanks for your insight). This is feedback? Ok, the volume of your posts was obviously confusing me.

No. I installed CIS. Set AV security level to Stateful, Firewall and Defense+ security levels to Safe Mode. That’s it. Took all of five seconds.

I’ve also installed CIS on two of my sisters machines and setup the same configurations. She is definitely Joe User. Not the slightest bit techie. Her and her young children can use CIS in this configuration.

I don’t use office, but I downloaded and installed WinRar to see what happens using the above (very un-techie) configuration. I told CIS to treat the first popup from the installer as an installer/updater, clicked yes to enter installation mode. No further popups whatsoever… (Well, other than the reminder to return to the previous mode)

So that’s extremely straightforward and pretty painless. Perhaps I am doing something differently than you. How do you go about installing things?

ok. im glad for you. but your reinforcing my point. how much time did you spend configuring and finding your answer in the forum? my father for example is 6 yrs older than you. he wouldnt know to go to the forum and find the answer. he is 2 hrs away. about 2 1/2 yrs ago i started this quest w/ firewalls for that reason alone. i upgraded his zone alarm and it was ■■■■. we all know that! he was angry cuz i did it while i was visiting and i trusted za so i did it before i went back home. i got frustrating calls and it took me an hour to walk him through an uninstall. za was gone as far as i was concerned. they still are. they dropped the ball and never recovered. if comodo wants to go that route that is their choice.

when i first joined this forum(about 2 yrs) that was one of the 1st things i asked. melih promised comodo wasnt going to go there

im not a rookie. just read your last sentence. are you serious? i have tried everything forward and backward while beta testing comodo and 3 other major security co’s. ill just let that slide.

v941726 dude, it takes less than 30 seconds to set up Comodo optimally on any given PC. Every time I reinstall it cleanly, I need no more than that to set the firewall to a trouble-free, but reliable level. That doesn’t exactly make anyone sweat.

I could show it to you first-hand, but you’re not worth such assistance. You’re irreverent, arrogant, and you resist help. In addition, you generate too much post traffic while providing no new information.

Somebody ban this guy please.

Last week I installed CIS 3.10.102363.531 without so much as a single pop-up and I’ve been using CIS for less than 3 months. I would expect that someone who had been using Comodo for over 10 years or even an experienced Granny to be far more proficient than I am!

~Maxx~