Do you use an AV with CFP 3 or not?

What is not specified in this poll: are we talking about real-time av monitoring or on-demand scanner only. Don’t know how to vote :THNK
Yes i use offline SAS along with CF 3… 1 scan/month ;D and no, i don’t use any real-time av monitor.

That’s right. It’s all about preference. If one feels safer with an AV, use one. If one feels its not necessary don’t use one.

I’m using AntiVir at the moment, and i used NOD32 before that.

One day there will be a virus/trojan/worm, that target Comodos firewall. When that happens, i want some extra protection on my system. Something thats made for finding and terminating viruses… Like a nice antivirus program. :wink:

There will always come a day, when something slips by, ether because i do something stupid, or because the security failed. And on that day, i´ll feel even dumber, if i choose to leave the antivirus behind.

Tho i haven’t had a need for antivirus, in a long long time. I feel that my firewall and firefox(+noscript), is to blame for this.
I always had a good firewall in between the internet and me. (L) (Even zonealarm kept me safe, at a time when my friends were fighting the blaster and sasser worms(LOL [ at ] my friends :)))

So i´m happy with a firewall + antivirus combo. (R)
Btw. Im still wating for the new Comodo antivirus. (:NRD)

I don’t think that’s an accurate analogy. One thing is security and what a firewall does (prevents unwanted access). Cars are a different thing. Of course we could use cars for this analogy. But we would also need to talk about what’s inside the cars - cint belts.

Would an experienced car driver not need one? It does not matter how great he is, sooner or later accidents will happen. And when they happen, well, too late for remediation, in most of the situations.

Same goes for firewall. So I agree with you.

Of course. There are many people who are smarter than me. I also agree with you when you say that one security solution is great to one but not others. :slight_smile:

Very good example, Those risks are so much smaller as compared to car accidents, I can’t remember a time when I last got a virus, It would be at least a year ago. I probably haven’t even needed D+ :smiley:

If you know how to swim you don’t use floaties,
If you have common sense, you don’t download risky files or go to risky sites
And if all else fails… You have CPF to fall back on.
And if that doesn’t work, Your pretty much ■■■■■■■.

But I mean seriously, What are the chances of it happening? (with safe habits). It’s like betting in the Loto.

agree 100% :slight_smile:

I am not using an antivirus.
I use CPF ( Defense+ , safe mode) with Threatfire ( level 4 + customs rules ) and Geswall Free to isolate browsers.

As I don’t use P2P applications and seldom use USB memory sticks, the major threatgate is from browsers.

Browsers,media players,office applications etc ( vulnerabilities of which are commonly exploited ) have been hardened with custom rules in both CPF and TF.

Note: Although TF claims in its website as an antivirus, it is a behaviour blocker. It is not a traditional pattern recognition+heuristics/generics antivirus.

I find the quarantine option of CPF useful , you can add the folders of your backup/important files in it.
When you need to access them, You can simply delete the rule. This can help to keep your data save.

Why not use my protected files?

1. It is " stronger " than my protected files, programs cannot access the quarantined folders even when Defense+ is disabled.

2. Programs cannot learn to access these files in training mode. ( prevent unauthorized modification )

{ this is a disadvantage too }

CFP3 with antivir classic,seems invincible. (:SHY)
Of course ,being careful when using the computer is more important , I think.

Your correct :slight_smile: There is no 100 % protection so you must think where you’re going and what you are doing in a cyber world :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums YK :slight_smile:

I do not think any one security program can do it all nor should it, thus I have installed more than one security related program. I am dependent upon FREE software due to my limited income, but I find that in combination with each other they due a good job, I have the following. (1) COMODO Firewall Pro. (2) SpywareBlaster. (3) SpyBot Search and Destroy. (4) Hazard Shield. (5) AntiVir (FREE) and (6) AddAware 2008.

Thanks
Wildman

You don’t need Spybot or that Hazard Shield, nor Adaware. They are all inefective in todays world. :slight_smile: Antivir Free and CFP 3 is all you need :slight_smile: And you will have more resourses :slight_smile:

Ok, this is getting too much !ot! into recommending other security programs. We have a separate board for that.

What is malwarebytes exactly? and in what way does it distinguish itself from other antimalware products??? Why is everybody so enthusiastic about the product, cause I never actually heard about this product until i read it here on the forum.

Have a nice day!

(V) :THNK

Yes- NOD32, with CFP/D+.

I suppose an ounce of Comodo is worth a pound of NOD32, but they co-exist nicely, and give me peace of mind. Cheap at the price.

Come to think of it, none of my defensive apps have detected anything worse than tracking cookies and false positives in years (much less let anything in)- why mess with success?

I just started using Comodo stuff again after a long stay away.
I use CFP 3 on paranoid mode, with the version 2 series of Nod32. I like paranoid! (:KWL)

Needing protection or not isn’t about what you know, or where you surf. It’s about being prepared for worst case events. It’s about good practice.
The best defense at that time will come from layers. Not including my browser, or my Linux router, I currently use six different approaches to reducing impact from any future “happenings”. They overlap to some extent.
The firewall is the big front door. If that gets knocked down, then you have alternative defences in place to slow down or soften the ■■■■. AV and other tools are akin to plan B.

Thank you!

Yeah, the firewall is really important. ;D However ,I think AV is as important as the firewall. AV scanner and guard are really helpful. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys.

Try and stay on topic. I really don’t want too close my own sticky thread :frowning:

Josh

HI

I use an AV with cfp3 because I believe that prevention and detection always should stick together.

I use CFP (D+ and firewall in safe mode) with AVAST home and CBOClean.