Do Packet Checksum Verification missing from CIS 4.0 beta

Do Packet Checksum Verification needs to be added back to CIS 4.0 RC. Since enabling this feature in the present CIS 3.1 have not had any more problems with malware such as fake apps or scare type apps trying to enter my computer through the browser.

The latest version 4.0.132838.716 is fine with regards the taskbar bug (at least on mine).

Agree with the PCV (why take out something that is useful)

Matt

To be honest, having comodo to verify packet checksum is useless and causes unnecessary network performance degradation, since TCP/IP stacks of all operating systems discard corrupted packets that have invalid checksums. Or better yet some network interface cards drop the packet before the OS even sees the packet, with a feature called checksum offloading.

I agree, i don’t think it’s useful anymore and it certainly will cause degradation…

It sounds very strange to me that this would solve the "have not had any more problems with malware such as fake apps or scare type apps trying to enter my computer through the browser. " There is no relation between that behavior and packets failing for checksum validation.

I did not change anything except enabling PCV in CIS and the problems I mentioned earlier stopped.