Do Comodo's DNS still work?

Hi,
the following DNS are always functional:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Since nobody here answered me:

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-dns/do-comodos-dns-still-work-t125828.0.html

I ask here …

CIS sends a DNS while if you search on the Comodo website you will find another one.

Which of the two should you use? Are both functional and safe?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I haven’t used it lately myself as my ISP ignores DNS changes and I’d have to brick the router but both DNS works still as far as I know but not sure how well it does in terms of speed etc. There’s a comparison here: Best DNS servers of 2023 | TechRadar but like a lot of these, they’re backlistings so just as effective as an adblocker with blocking lists. Quad9 seems to be a popular choice for DNS but not something I have a lot of knowledge on. My SkyShield catches the occasional thing but I primarily use uBlock Origin in medium mode for blocking 3rd party scripts/frames.

Ok thanks for the details.
However, I do not understand why when installing CIS it sets DNS different from those indicated on the website: Free Comodo Secure DNS | Best DNS Security Solution 2022

I use COS and AdGuard to protect web browsing.

We asked the devs about this previously, I think it had something to do with Comodo Dome using the 8.x.x.x addresses and the 172.x.x. was the original DNS address. From what I can recall, the DNS doesn’t cover IPv6 addresses at all as there’s no IPv6 addresses for it.

Anyway, we’ll see if anyone else has more info. CPS and Adguard should be providing good protection anyway.

Thanks! :slight_smile: