DNS servers not working properly

Had to return to Open DNS as pages slow to load. Some addresses not recognised or load very slowly &/or incompletely. The problem has got worse over the last 3 or 4 days

Same here. I have switched to Norton DNS for the time being.

Guys, why don’t you try Sendori DNS?

I have seen a good video on youtube with good results for Sendori.
But when i visited there site i could not find the DNS server IP’s.
You only can use it when you install there software?

Sendori DNS:

You can use their application or manually enter IP addresses through TCP/IP Properties.

Thanks. I tried to benchmark it (to compare it with comodo/Norton) with GRC DNS benchmark but it does not respond to its DNS queries.

Do you have good results with it?

Yes, better results than with Norton or Comodo DNS.

Wait…I will check those IP addresses once again…

Speed and blocking?

I wonder what company is behind Sendori. Where do they get there blacklist from? How do they generate money? Only with advertising?

Go to www.sendori.com and read all about it…
Click on Support… :wink:

I’m having similar issues using 8.26.56.26 and 8.20.247.20.

When doing nslookups, I’m getting sporadic DNS timeouts.

Regards.

Well i can confirm that for me there DNS servers are fast. With GRC DNS benchmark tool it scores in the top 5. Have not test it against malware websites.

Unfortunately any dns won’t replace also half web antivirus. :cry:

I assure you that its blocking capabilities are almost in the range of former ClearCloud…

Clearcloud was great. Better then Norton/Comodo.

For anyone interested, Sendori uses the DynDNS network:

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> -x 216.146.35.240
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 1928
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;240.35.146.216.in-addr.arpa.   IN      PTR

;; ANSWER SECTION:
240.35.146.216.in-addr.arpa. 7934 IN    PTR     ask-rdns1.dyndns.com.

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.1#53(192.168.1.1)
;; WHEN: Fri Jan 13 05:50:47 2012
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 79

If you want to use this network without installing anything, you can sign-up for a free account at Dyn Internet Guide

I just switched to Sendori after reading your recommendation, thought i’d give it a try. at first glance, feels a bit faster. where did you hear about them? practically no reviews show up on google.

I think from Wilders forums when GFI announced the end of ClearCloud…

Also currently using Sendori’s , but will give Comodo’s a trial when they are firing ;D
Sendori’s have been very good for preventing bad malware sites loading i have found.

New user of secure dns. It worked fine for like 2 days, now for some reason has totally quit on me, and my wireless diagnostic test for windows 7 says that the computer is trying to connect to an invalid dns server. I had to switch back to auto for now, but it was really fast when it was working. please help!

Well, this explains why the error 137 occurs on comodo dragon. Hopefully it’ll be back up soon.