Discussion about reduction in size of AV database

Daisy is lazy! :smiley:

Agree. CAV need to start replacing old specific signatures with generic ones… Others do it… So can we… Can we? 88)

umesh please come here our guys need you ;D

Boris/Igor is also on vacation… :smiley:

20 million by end of year :-X

Time to do this: https://forums.comodo.com/

Petitions are all fine and good.

Unfortunately the amount of malware being created on the internet will never reduce.
It grows by the day.

So after saying this…
Comodo av needs more generic signatures.
And the idea of reducing the database is preposterous.
This is reducing protection.

The petition is to reduce the AV database by adding generic signatures and thus being able to remove the redundant ones.

Thank you for the clarification.
I was unaware this was the intention.

Look forward to a better and stronger comodo av. :-TU

May I ask when is Comodo is going to get their bare bloody bum out of bed are start switching over to generic signatures ??? ??? ??? ???

No wonder they sleep in bed all bloody day & night…24/7

Consider yourself warned Speedy…

Please review the Forum Policy. Particularly section 5 about posting using common courtesies and netiquette.

OT: Sorry I’m getting very rusty keeping myself update on the Comodo Forum Policy rule :a0

Well in a month will rise up to 20 mil. Nice :-TU

We had no Unclassified Malware signatures over weekend.
Can we know the reason why?
???

Maybe some Comodo staff was having break on the weekend, and I’m sure they know what their doing when they start collecting more Unclassified Malware signatures :a0

They are 95% coming from automated analysis systems so not human (some yes but MAINLY not).
This is not the problem IMO.

BTW : today UnclassifiedMalware : 1

The 1 and only!
;D :smiley: ;D

please try to reduce the large size of signature data base file and make the data base file size less.

It was about time… 88) ;D

Finally someone was drag out of bed for a change :smiley: