Differences between PC and Virustotal

I downloaded about 10 files (viruses) to try today. I have the latest virus databases in my PC. Comodo does not mark the files in the PC. The same files in Virustotal marks like this UnclassifiedMalware.

Why does it not mark in PC?

[attachment deleted by admin]

It’s possible that this is caused by the file being incorrectly categorized as safe, which does happen sometimes. If that is the case even though there is an AV signature for it, CIS will not flag it as dangerous because it is trusted. However, VirusTotal does not use that SafeList.

Therefore, the best thing to do is to report it as a potential trusted malware through this topic.

Thanks.

Can you share VT links of those files please ?

Thank you for your answer. Folder is surely not as trusted. I just created it. And copied there files. I deleted all caches in Windows (I have W 8.1 64b). I tried to update CIS for about 10x to make sure. And CIS reports all files as clear. I restarted PC tried to scan the folder again and it found the viruses.

I got the file you pointed out.

Did a cloud lookup, it’s seen as Malware in the cloud.
And it detected it with right click scan
See http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/08/1393096852-2014-02-22-201958.jpg
So Chiron, this is not trusted malware case.

Thanks for checking that. I’m happy to hear it’s not trusted malware.

@radek178, which version of CIS do you have installed? Also, did you disable the cloud?

Thanks.

I do not have the links anymore. I can find them in the history in browser but I do not know which one is which as I tried lots of files. I can send you the files.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have latest beta few days on my PC. I have cloud ON. I scanned all files with right mouse. And run all in sandbox then.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this.
We’ll check it and get back to you soon.

Kind Regards,
Erik M.

Thank you too.

Please, see my post reply #4, it seems like a bug for you. Maybe a clean installation should be done ?

As I wrote, I have cloud ON. It did not find anything with the right click. I have clean installation beta (I installed it before few days) the beta updated few days ago. After restart PC it detected the files.

I will uninstall it an install it again.

Hi,
This is to inform you that we have scanned files with
latest antivirus database <17830> version of Comodo Internet Security
Version<6.3.302093.2976> and have found this file being detected normally.
If you are using lower CIS version, Please download latest version from
here Download Antivirus for Mac | Free Antivirus Software for Mac.
According to spywar try to reinstall CIS.
Please check again.

This files was found malware, and will be added in few next updates:
83057237d2e5b3e8b3f564bd1e12bb74bf7389ad
ba52cfe270abd7547ad63bec4ae5ab676e800290

Thanks for Your help.

Kind Regards,
Erik M.

Thank you very much meidan :wink:

spywar

If you answer me, I have the latest beta version as I wrote. I uninstalled and install it again. But I cannot try it as I deleted the infected files. I will try it again in few days when I find some new infected files.

Now I had another strange thing. I have CIS in VWware there was the lates stable version 6.3.x.(vista 32b) I put it on today and CIS updated by itself to the latest beta version.

Best regards

Hi radek178,

This is to inform you that the reported file SHA1:333c5318a8069041ab8845eb93d775109457acc6 is not a false positive.
If you intent to use it further,you can add it to exclusion list.

Best regards
Qiuhui.■■■■

Hi Qiuhui,

thank you for your answer. Do yo uknow the name of the file? I do not remember it and canont find it anywhere.