Delete snapshot, still cannot be recovered occupied of disk space

I am a Chinese users, English is not good, please forgive me!

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
I have deleted a 3400MB snapshots,CTM hints I optimization of disk space, I accept, and in the system protection inside again manual optimized disk space,But it did not withdraw the snapshot occupied all the disk space,Probably and 60% of no back,I have many times such experiences.

System:Windows7 PRO x86
Disk:160G
CTM:2.8.155286.178

Is this the CTM bug?

Mod Edit: Removed bold text and unnecessarily large font.

Hiā€¦ From your description it appears that you used CTMā€™s built-in defrag. to optimize as it hinted (after deleting 3.4G of snapshots taken). Then it appears that you used another third-party defrag. tool to optimize again with CTM still installed, which is not recommended by CTM.

Pls. remember when using CTM do follow their rules :

1. No encryption of files on the protected partition.
  2. Not to use ghost-imaging or the-like on the protected partition.
  3. Not to use Windows or third-party defrag. tools on the protected partition.

If you really want to do a defragmentation on a protected partition with a 3rd party defrag. tool, I think you should uninstall CTM first and after defrag. and whatever cleaning-up youā€™ve done then you reinstall CTM again.
By the way, if Uā€™re using CTM2.8 Iā€™d strongly advice you to try 2.9Beta instead as Iā€™d read many comments which are ā€œpositiveā€ on 2.9Beta.

Thank you for your reply!

1态I didnā€™t use GHOST
2态I also did not undertake a defragment
3态I only protect the disk C, there was no any encryption save the content

I also want to use betaļ¼ŒBut I prefer to use the official versionļ¼Œ
Each set again a new baseline, disk space returned
I put the situation said out, I hope this is a bug, hope the next version when there is no longer such a thing!
Expect CTM better and better

Hi againā€¦ Someone has said all CTM versions are ā€œBetaā€ versions. I tend to lean on that opinion.

And of All CTM versions, 2.9Beta is the best and least-likely to foul up your system when problems arise from installation/uninstallation/rolling back to prior snapshots or careless miss-operations. Besides 2.9Beta has been out since early September in 2010. So far general opinion is on the ā€œPositiveā€ side compared with prior versions.

With respect to ā€œsnapshots swallowing up disk spaceā€, I donā€™t think itā€™s a Bug. But thatā€™s sth. the development team should definitely work on. I read one person who has taken snapshots on an hourly basis, I think itā€™s way too many. For an ordinary user, a snapshot(scheduled or manual) on weekly, half-monthly, or monthly basis is more appropriate. As for me, I scheduled 1 snapshot every week. And set CTM to delete snapshots more than 60 days old.

Due to poor options into CTMā€¦ If I could configurate each 6 hours, for instanceā€¦ But it does not allow.

Poor Tech, I sympathize with you and your machineā€¦ I can see Uā€™re a CTM enthusiast and hope theyā€™d reconstruct the settings so you may set taking snapshots at ā€œ6-hourā€ intervals !

CTM is definitely a Pioneering Concept, if and when perfected a lot of computer users will benefit and turn to it as a means of protection against system failure and malfunctioning, since taking snapshots is like a Breeze and rolling-back is fast compared with the more traditional ghost-imaging technique.

Give Doskey Lee and the CTM Development team a :-TU here.