Defense+ causes CPU load on apoint.exe (v3.0.16.295) 32bit

I am having this problem too with the latest version 3.0.22.349 and have had it with all version since I installed Comodo two months ago. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with 32 bit Windows XP MCE sp2. My Alps driver version is 5.4.104.4. Not sure what other details you need from me but I’ll check back to see if any questions were asked.

editing my post to add additional info that i’ve seen other include:
-apoint cpu goes up right after bootup and stays around 40% or higher
-if i uninstall comodo, apoint is 0%-2% at all times.
-if i disable keyboard monitoring in comodo defense, the apoint cpu drops from ~40% to 0% immediately. if i re-enable, it jumps back up immediately.
-i am also running bitdefender for anti-virus protection, but uninstalling that has no effect on apoint cpu
-my system info is: Intel Pentium M processor 1.70 ghz 983mhz 1Gb ram
-comodo settings - Network Defense is Safe mode, Proactive Defense is Clean PC mode. didn’t change any advanced settings (except to test the keyboard monitoring for this bug).

same problem with ver. 3.0.24.368 as of 5-27-08 (xp pro sp2)
when i disabled keyboard monitor in advanced settings it stopped hogging the cpu

I confirm the same as the others. I run the following config:

Comodo fw v3.0.25.378
on
Dell Inspiron 6000
WinXP media center sp2

Stops eating the cpu when disabling keyb mon.

There’s been no posting on this for a several months - has a fix been found?

I have exactly the same problem - D+ causes apoint to use 20-40% of the CPU time as listed in in the task manager.
I have a Dell D-610, XP SP3
My Apoint.exe file is ver 5.5.1.297
Comodo is 3.0.25.378
Disabling all Keyboard checking in Comodo does fix it but disabling keyboard access only for the file in the “Computer Security Policy” settings of Comodo doesn’t help.

I have found a workaround

Disabling the “Pointing Stick” option in the mouse properties (double-click the touchpad symbol at the right end of the task bar, go to device select tab, Pointing Stick radio button disabled).

What I find strange is that just selecting the disable button already slows down the CUP usage. The pointing stick still works but Apoint.exe drops the CPU usage to normal levels.

However, to make this work, the changes have to be applied but then the pointing stick doesn’t work anymore. Thats fine for me because I don’t need or use the stick, but if stick should remain active, just select the Disabled radion buitton and don’t hit apply. The Mouse Properties box must remain open of course but it can just be moved somewhere mostly offscreen.

Would sure be great to get this fixed correctly.

I can also confirm the same issue everyone else is experiencing.

Comodo Firewall: v3.0.25.378
Dell Inspiron 8600
Windows XP, SP3, latest patches, etc.
Alps Touchpad Driver: v5.4.102.12

Disable the keyboard monitoring, and CPU load vanishes … otherwise it sits anywhere from 15% to 25%.

Obviously an issue in the Direct Access Keyboard Monitoring.

Would be good to finally get this fixed.

COMODO Internet Security 3.5 is here.

You can install the Firewall using the same set up. Let us know if this new version solves this issue. Uninstall CFP 3 then install this one.

Josh

I installed the new version and still have the issue. At first I thought it had improved but then when I went and checked the defense settings, I found that keyboard monitoring was disabled by default. When I enabled it, Apoint CPU shot back up to 40-60%.

Btw, the Apoint cpu was up a bit even with keyboard monitoring disabled. With Comodo not installed, Apoint stays at 0-2% on my machine. With Comodo latest 3.5 version installed (I did install the whole thing, including antivirus) at the default settings, Apoint was between 10-20%. And then as I said, with keyboard monitoring enabled (no other changes from default) it shot up to 40-60%.

Okay.

Can you post a bug report in the bug board in CIS pls.

Josh