Defense+ and LSASS??? [Resolved]

I have been reading the wiki on the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). From my very limited knowledge, I get the impression LSASS does much the same thing as Defense+ in CPF. Is this at least to some extent true? And if so, would it be beneficial to disable LSASS?
Thanks for any input you can offer to help me understand this better.

lsass.exe is specifically deals with local security and login policies - D+ is a lot different to this. You should not disable lsass: if you do you may not be able to log on to your pc.

:SMLR

Greetings!

LSASS is not like Defense+. And lsass.exe shouldn’t be disabled. It uses only 668 kB of RAM (on my PC), so you wouldn’t notice any difference. Terminating it would result in an error message and a reboot.
LSASS is mainly used for group policy (gpedit.msc), security policy (secpol.msc) and password management. Possible for IPSec too.
It could be said to be like Defense+, except Defense+ is far more advanced. It’s like comparing ENIAC to a modern PC.

Cheers,
Ragwing

thanks for the clarification, guys.
i’ll leave lsass alone!

No problem. I’ll close this topic now. In case you should have further questions regarding LSASS, and you need this topic to be opened again, PM an online moderator with a link to this topic :wink:

Cheers,
Ragwing