Dead Air

Geekbuddy is going to take the lead in worst customer support ever.

We are connecting you to a support technician. Type your issue or your invitation code below. Me: new install on w764pro, getting errors, no system tray icon. says internet helper service did not start in a timely fashion. The firewall repair says it could not run. You are now chatting with `Roger`. Me: COMODO Internet Security Helper Driver had to be manually removed from device manager hidden entries. Roger: Welcome to COMODO GeekBuddy free computer diagnostic service. I am Roger, your personal computer geek. You can call us toll free at 1-888-428-7638 any time during this chat. We can also call you. Me: so I cleaned it up and rebooted and installed again, seemed OK till I rebooted again. Roger: Can you check your computer desktop for the GeekBuddy icon? An icon with a red box and a white cross on it. Please double click on it and let me know what happens. Me: it's not installed Me: hello? Me: I have not heard anything in 10m or so. Roger: May I have your e-mail address to verify your account? Me: account? Me: hello? Roger: I apologize for the inconvenience but the session must be closed due to inactivity. When you are ready, please click the application icon or call 1-888-428-7638 to receive a Free Computer Diagnostic service. Chat session has been terminated by the support technician.
We are connecting you to a support technician. Type your issue or your invitation code below. Me: errors after rebooting after cis install You are now chatting with `Roger`. Roger: Welcome to COMODO GeekBuddy free computer diagnostic service. I am Roger, your personal computer geek. You can call us toll free at 1-888-428-7638 any time during this chat. We can also call you. Roger: May I have your e-mail address to verify your account? Me: install failed so I uninstalled and rebooted then revo uninstalled and cccleaned and verified no services remained in registry and rebooted and installed again. Reboot and... fail. Me: ************@**********.*** Me: this is a new install using original installer on this HP computer. Roger: Can you check your computer desktop for the GeekBuddy icon? An icon with a red box and a white cross on it. Please double click on it and let me know what happens. Me: I don't have one. Me: You can be technical with me. Me: would a large hosts file cause comodo to fail? Me: 11:44p Me: 11:46p Me: ? Me: 11:47p Me: long time on hear. are you ok? Me: 11:48p Me: did you die or something? Me: are you sitting there turning blue? Me: 11:49p Me: what are the most common reasons for this issue? Me: --------------------------- COMODO Internet Security Premium --------------------------- COMODO Security Agent could not be started. Would you like to run the diagnostics tool to fix this error? --------------------------- Yes No --------------------------- Me: Yes = nada, prompt closes, nothing opens. Me: 11:51p Me: seems ur sleepier than me. Me: 11:53p Me: 11:55p Me: 11:59p The chat session has been interrupted. Please start a new chat session.

I guess dead air means you have to have geekbuddy installed?

MalwareBytes is about the same, great product, but support only cares about signing you up for paid services, whether you need them or not.

Why would I ever let them remote in after this?

I use CIS because of the rules features. The ability to create a zone based on IP or MAC address, then apply that to a rule, and then apply the rule to apps, even on the fly when the popup asks what to do with it.

Is there another FW with these features? That is also easy to use, in active dev, and installs without issue?

Any tips would be appreciated.

:slight_smile:

I have not seen anything to compare to Comodo in years.

I hinted at this but wanted to be clear it is a great firewall which I’ve used for a long time, even had a pro version. The geek support is an issue, as described, and because it installs without prompt. I don’t allow remote capable programs to sit in waiting, there’s enough holes with microsoft and adobe and google running things.

We apologize for the unsatisfactory support you have experienced. It seems there were some connection issues during your chats. We would like to extend a 1 on 1 session with one of our senior technicians in order to help you with any pc issues you may be facing as well as adjust the CIS settings to your preference. Please provide us with an email we can reach you at to set up a session.