D+ empty logfile

Hello,

Excuse me if I wrote in other forum’s category.

I have trouble with D+. It does not write logfile. Like trouble I found in archive:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comodo_doesnt_log_alerts-t17246.0.html

…and no reply found.

// WinXP Pro SP-3, CIS 3.5.xxxx (without AntiVirus)

thx

Two questions :

1. Have you checked ‘CIS>Miscellaneous>Settings>Logging’ and ensured that ‘disable Defense+ logging’ is not ticked?
  2. Did you receive any Defense+ alerts today, which you have blocked?

Defense+ will not log anything when ‘safe’ programs are executed. Defense+ will log only when you block an application from executing or if you have already given a rule to block an application in ‘Computer Security Policy’ and that application tries to execute.

To check your defense+ logging… Open CIS>Defense+>Advanced>Computer Security Policy delete the application rule for a program and then run the application

When defense+ gives an alert… block it and see if it gets logged in …

1. Curtainly I allow D+ log.
  2. Yes, I try experiment. When I have alerts and block it manually, then this message append to logfile.
Defense+ will not log anything when 'safe' programs are executed. Defense+ will log only when you block an application from executing or if you have already given a rule to block an application in 'Computer Security Policy' and that application tries to execute.
After any experiments I see that you right. And now I'm understood this, but why D+ log ONLY blocked request? Iin my opinion this have not any logic.

The reason that CIS only logs blocked events, is if you have a application that cannot access the internet this is all you need to see.

If you required to see more logged events select the rule choose edit then tick the box Log as firewall event if this rule is fired.
Dennis