ctm wont install "please restart computer to finish installation/uninstallation"

windows vista home basic, 32 bit os, linux which was uninstalled and had that partition formatted, and 2 gigs of ram

using superantispyware, malwarebytes anti malware, comodo system cleaner and planning on using avg free for the realtime protectioin aspect, but no mater what i do i cant get it to install and it gives me the error of “please restart your computer to finish the installation / uninstallation” and it has nothing that is being installed or uninstalled while im trying to install comodo time machine

any and all help is appriciated, for email to me, check my profile please…its there…

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hmmm… It seems to occur this when you have another OS installed… Anything else besides that Linux partition (by the way, formatted how? ext3 ext4 ?

Hi mapmd1234:
I have sent the tool to you, please check your email.

Best Regards.

i had linux installed… deleted it and formated the partition to ntfs and i still have the issue… but ill run the program that i now have in my email and ill get back to you…

Flykite, could you please send me that magic tool you have to fix this CTM restart problem. My email address is ctmarcrum % gmail dot com Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

I have sent to you, please check your Gmail.

I´ve got the same problem here after running boot repair from the Windows 7 DVD. Would you send me the repairfile via mail please?

Best Regards

Fkykite, sorry to bother you again, but I definitely have not received that email on my gmail account. I still need that repair file to fix the re-installation problem with CTM. I have Thunderbird and can hear very well whenever any email comes through. It’s not in the junk folder either. Please resend as soon as possible. Thank you for your help. I know you must be very busy. Here is my address again: ctmarcrum at gmail dot com

Hi mrfloodsparty:
Half an hour ago, i have sent it again to you.

I´ve got the same problem here after running boot repair from the Windows 7 DVD. Would you send me the repairfile via mail please? Not boot windown and not setup windown, i can’t uninstallation

Flykite…from what I’ve been reading, you are the Guru on this problem. I’ve been trying everything that I know to do to UNINSTALL and then REINSTALL the COMODO Time Machine.

No matter what I do, I get the message to : Restart my computer to finish the REMOVAL. I’ve tried downloading "Uninstall Tools’…but, they don’t work either.

Apparently, you have some Uninstall Tool that actually works.

Is it possible that you could email it to me…PLE-E-E-ASE!!!

Thank you so VERY much.

Jim. : jim@jcduncanassoc.com

HI Jim:
I have sent to you, please check your mail.

Flykite,

I’m having the same problem with Win 7 x64 Pro- SATA config in combination with CTM 2.6 version.
Urgently in need of (ctm deinstaller) flag hotfix

Please forward the fixes to onderhoud([at])computerhuis.org
Thanks in advance

When i tried to update to a new baseline the CTM wouldnt get past a certain point without freezing up. Got that all cleared up. I did an unstall and tried to re-install and got the following error “A critical subsystem required for the proper functioning of the product is not active. This usually happens with an incomplete installation. Please re-install the product and try again.” Evadentally the uninstall did not delete the hidden partitions? or what ever they are and now I am in an endless loop of not being able to install CTM. Help
dickdg@cox.net

I have the same problem too, I have tried to clean all the cookies etc but still did not work. Can you send me the solution to: liusaukan(at)gmail.com
Many tks.

Same problem, wont install, ive tried everything, used ctm on this pc before without a hitch and would like to use it again, seems like there is a “tool” to fix this issue, I wouldnt mind giving it a go, can send my email address if needed. thanks

Hi Onderhoud, dickdg, liusaukan:
I have sent to you, please check your mail.

Best Regards.

I have tried 7 or 8 times to get CTM to install. I get this message.“A critical subsystem required for the proper functioning of the product is not active. This usually happens with an incomplete installation. Please re-install the product and try again.” I am using Xp Pro SP3,500 Gig HD,1.5 Gig Ram

Please send utility to bgerth[at]cfl.rr.com