CTM Uninstallation Problem

Hello!

I am having some issues with CTM. I have a Dell XPS 702x with Windows 7 Professional and I tried to uninstall CTM from Windows start up.

When I clicked uninstall, CTM went through the uninstall process until it started to “process data.” This procedure was estimated to take 15 minutes, so I decided to turn off the computer and do the uninstall later because I had urgent emails to respond to.

Unfortunately, when I stopped the uninstall, it now prevents my computer from reaching my windows login screen. When I restart, CTM gives me an error message that says “Failed to verify Table(16) 0-9, begin 0, number 1 DiskNum 0. Click on cancel to not show this message again.” It gives me two options: OK or Cancel. If I press OK, it just names another table number and this process repeated infinitely times as I was pressing OK for 10 minutes.

Pressing cancel, the uninstall goes to 2% and then stops. When I press any key,I get another error message that says “Failed to read v-sector (3206A, 80, 76000000), errorcode 400, DiskNum0.” I am given three options: Retry, Ignore and Ignore All.

Retry just removes the error message until I press another key. Ignore does nothing.

Ignore All gives an error message that says “Too many bad sectors” and at that point, I cannot do anything and am forced to restart

Any suggestions or tips? I am computer literate and the only options I can think of to fix this would be to run a USB or CD Boot from the setup page at the beginning of Windows start up. This is of course a last ditch scenario, as I would like to keep my personal files intact. Right now my computer is completely useless.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you so much for your time!

Grant

If it were me I would reisntall the OS. After formating the drive option is used in Alt F10. Sounds like you were using the beta based on the time mentioned for the uninstall. I use a 8 gig USB drive that costs $7 on sale for files I want to be sure and keep. After going through similiar situations before.

Hello Grant,

CTM can be removed from the boot process using this method:

https://forums.comodo.com/help-ctm/had-to-uninstall-ctm-due-to-space-now-my-pc-is-in-limbo-t81266.0.html;msg581742#msg581742

That might fix your Master Boot Record, but your data is lost I’m afraid, shutting down in the middle of a CTM uninstall will break your system.
You could try with an offline rescue/recovery disk to see if there is any thing to recover but in that case please try to prevent from accessing and writing to the disk.

There are disk recovery tools on e.g. Hiren's BootCD 15.2 - All in one Bootable CD » www.hiren.info