ctc-free question, possible hijack?

this 169 ip has been associated with network hijackings on my network, specifically DDOS

it is diffrent from the ip said to be given to me via ctc

what is my ip does not report that my ip is protected at all…

[attachment deleted by admin]

An IP address in the 169 range means that Windows does not see a dhcp server to obtain an IP address. When it doesn’t an IP address it will assign one in the 169 range.

Getting an IP address in the 169 range means there is a problem. The modem is off or rebooting, a wire is faulty, the NIC is having a problem…

what could it be if dhcp has no issues and works fine, and windows is not assigning the address… it (169) is trying to connect to me. Not me trying to connect to it. Usually windows would assign a 0.0.0.0 127. or 128. or a range on the assigned ip range, to the network. If it were inside the network or on this pc… I’ve never seen this 169 with 255.255.0.0 mask. unless it was someone or something trying to gain access…

It also becomes the ip of the service adapter,(ctc) after being given an address. manually and via dhcp.

You are suggesting that i should be allowing these odd connections? And that it is normal? without mentioning why it’s not protecting my ip addy… I do have a lan card on… Is this meant for mainly wifi? Shouldn’t all connections be using ctc’s connection? ctc’s adapter should also reflect the “assigned ip” not this 169…?

comodo cis still crashes randomly.

comodo cis updates constantly.

last time i had issues like this, my computer was useless in 3 days.

I’ve included a debug log. the xxx’s are me of course.

TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Index = 4
GUID = {Bxxxxxxx-xxxx-4882-xxxxx-Exxxx14xxxxA}
IP = 169.254.38.92/255.255.0.0
MAC = xxxxxxxxxx
GATEWAY =
DHCP SERV = 255.255.255.255
DHCP LEASE OBTAINED = Wed May 25 06:10:31 2011
DHCP LEASE EXPIRES = Mon Jan 18 19:14:07 2038
DNS SERV =
Wed May 25 10:49:03 2011 Initialization Sequence Completed With Errors ( see http://openvpn.net/faq.html#dhcp

guess i’m uninstalling ctc =c

nuts i was hopeing i could find something to help protect my ip…

un-installed and re-installed,

confirmed it’s using the lan card, by disabling the lan card, which then disabled the tap-win32 adapter v9

I allowed the suspicious 169 ip…

My ip is still being broadcast.

So i’m confused… how does ctc protect me? it used open vpn and should be hiding my IP behind another one atleast…

why is it not working?

Some additional info is needed (logs etc.) I would recommend you contact support https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

TY i have submitted a report, and included more logs. please feel free to continue to offer solutions here XD

debug logs before and after connection

I have yet to hear back from the report i had submitted

Thank you!