CTC caused BSOD

Comodo TrustConnect caused Blue Screen of Death.

Well CTC was not the only reason… When the Crash Dump File was analysed, there were three areas that crashed; and one of them was OPEN VPN (in my case this is CTC as I am not using anything else). The other software that was responsible was SystemProtect. The third is cdmagent.

(I can provide the Crash Dump File if Comodo is interested in analyzing the same).

I personally suspect that it was SystemProtect which was interfering with both the cdmagent and CTC in their regular activities and hence the BSOD. However I would like to confirm with the forum and Comodo if there have been any previous issues with the above mentioned programs.

Presently I have unistalled both CTC and SystemProtect. As I want to continue using CTC I just want to know if there are any issues I must sort out before I reinstall and confirm that CTC will not pose such threats in future.

Please look into it.

Strange! No reply after 4 days.

Will somebody please reply?

I recommended you connect TC support: https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Because additional system/account information will be required to determine the exact cause of this problem.