CSE unspecified error

Hi, I have installed the latest version (2.5.0.31) on my pc (XP sp3). I did not apply any change to default setup (medium).
I have a certificate that I can see in CSE and Outlook (2003). When I try to send an email from that address I get this warning message:

THE MAIL CANNOT BE PROCESSED
ERROR: UNSPECIFIED ERROR
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEND THE EMAIL UNSIGNED AND UNENCRYPTED?

I already uninstall CSE, clean the register, delete any related file and reinstall it. Nothing has changed.
If I have no CSE install and I send certified email with Outlook, it does work (only signed not encrypted). With CSE, no way.

Can you help me?
Thanks and regards

Petnoi

Hi, Pentoi

could you provide more information ?

1. are there any Service packs installed in Outlook (sp1, sp2, sp3, you can see it in Help-> About MS office Outlook screen )
  2. Is there any security software installed ? (HIPS, Anti-viruses, Firewalls etc.)
  3. Please provide more information about your accounts in Outlook 2003:
  • the number of accounts
  • the account which cause the problem
  • the configuration of ALL accounts ( POP3, IMAP, SMTP ports and settings)
  • Which certificates are installed for accounts ( are they issued by Comodo ? )

4.In which mode was CSE installed (either LSP or Outlook plug-in, it seems to be an Outlook mode, doesn’t it ?)
5.Under which account was CSE run and under wich account is Outlook running ( administrative, non-administrative privileges, guest account )
6.How many profiles in Outlook do you have ? (please attach a screenshot of ‘Control Pnanel → Mail → Show Profiles’ window )
7.Did you do an update or install a new version on a ‘clear’ PC (i.e. did you use CSE before)?
If you did, please give the version number which was installed before you install new version.
8.Could you also attach screenshots of ‘Security settings’ and ‘Security’ windows :

• screen of 'Tools->Options->Security ’ window
  • screen of ‘Tools->Options->Security->Settings’ window

val3ntin.

here are the answers to your questions.

1. SP3
  2. Comodo Internet Security
  3. 4; the certified one; pop3; yes
  4. Outlook plug-in
  5. both administrative
  6. only the default one
  7. I made the update; I don’t know the old version number but i am pretty sure it was the second last version

Thanks for your help
PETNOI

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi, Pentoi.

Could you please enable detailed logging in CSE, reproduce the problem you have and then attach logs to your next forum post ? ( to enable logging just run *.reg file I’ve attached into *.zip archive, probably, the restart is required to apply those settings into registry )
Log files will be located at %userprofile%\Application Data\COMODO\SecureEmail\Logs folder .

Thanks,
Valentin.

[attachment deleted by admin]