Create an Official Comodo Removal Tool for all products.

1. What actually happened or you saw:
When uninstalling Comodo products, sometimes they don’t uninstall completely, and it’s a piece of work to completely remove all the processes, files, etc etc etc

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
Most of the competitors have such a tool. I know Comodo has a unofficial one that has mixed results with some versions. Why not create an official one to all versions?

3. Why you think it is desirable:
If a program update fails, for some reason, it can mess the current installed Comodo product. I know some cases that the firewall didn’t work properly after a messed up update, so it would be nice to reinstall Comodo again. And sometimes, that’s not possible because it can’t uninstall the firewall driver, or the driver doesn’t work well. Sometimes, it’s only possible to uninstall/install after a System Restore, or factory reset.

4. Any other information:
I think this tool should have been created years ago when the unofficial one stopped supporting new versions.

I think this is a great wish. However, I need to clarify one thing.

I want to make sure that you are aware that there is an uninstaller for CIS which works for all OS. It can be downloaded from this link(WARNING: Direct Download)

There is also an unofficial one, which has not been updated in a while, which was made as a removal tool for all Comodo products. It can be downloaded from this post.

Therefore, I want to clarify whether you are looking for an uninstaller which works for all Comodo products (which is what I assume you are looking for) or just one which works to remove CIS.

Thanks.

While I do agree that the removal tool might not be efficient in some way, I’m not sure if this is a valid wish. You are actually asking for another product.

That’s a very good point. An uninstaller for all Comodo products would actually be a different product, and would likely be rejected as such even if I did forward it to the devs. However, I think an argument could be made for an official uninstaller for CIS (note, just for CIS) should be a valid Wish for this board. Thus, Space_Marine, would you be okay with making this Wish for CIS to have an official uninstaller?

Thanks.

Thank you for the replies.

The problem I faced a few times was related to the firewall driver not working after an update or/and uninstall or/an reinstall. Since the firewall can be installed as a standalone or part of CIS, maybe it would be best to create an All-In-One uninstaller to all COMODO products. Also, on one PC, after updating CIS (the program, not the virus definitions) and the update process frooze the pc during boot, it messed up the installation. And after uninstalling CIS, the CIS processes were running and could not be deleted or stopped. It was even possible to open the UI and run a SCAN, but the “normal” uninstaller was gone. The Unofficial uninstaller worked to remove all that was left, but I had to reinstall windows, because after installing CIS and rebooting, windows didn’t recognize it as a Antivirus or Firewall. It was like it wasn’t installed, although it could still run a scan. But the Firewall wasn’t working. Even using system restore didn’t work.
This was about 2 years ago on a WinVista. I changed my pc since that then, and never had any problems. But as I said in my first post, I know of some cases that are similiar to mine, and one of them was just a few days ago.

To be honest, I really don’t know what’s best. Chiron, you said there’s an uninstaller for CIS, so I guess my “wish” is not valid. How about creating removal tools to all comodo products (one for each product that can have it’s installation/uninstallation messed up), or an ALL-IN-ONE removal tool that would work with all Comodo products?

As for my experience, I know that CIS, Comodo Firewall and Comodo Antivirus can create problems while uninstalling or while uninstalling after program update failure.

There already is an uninstaller which works very well for CIS (which is linked to above). However a wish for an uninstaller program, which works for all Comodo products, would have to be submitted through this board, which I do not monitor.

As it seems that your wish is more for an uninstaller which works for all Comodo products I think it would be best if you created a new post in that board. In that case I would move this Wish Request to Rejected.

Does that sound okay to you?

Thank you.

Yes, you’re right. You can reject it :cry:

I have now moved this to Rejected. Thank you.