Crash on Update [NBZ]

Hi guys, im a Comodo user for a long time and cant live without it anymore.
Recently im having this bug very often, it crashes when i turn on my computer (sometimes) or when im idle (almost always).

Even running Comodo in admin mode this happens, and today after a normal crash i reboot and tried to verify update manually and it crashed again.

So i decided to investigate and loaded the crash report in my Visual Studio and found that: “The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.”

I think the update tool cause the problem because of this:
http://help.Comodo.com/topic-72-1-170-1698-General-Settings.html
“Automatically Check for the program updates - This option determines whether or not Comodo Internet Security should automatically contact Comodo servers for updates. With this option selected, Comodo Internet Security automatically checks for updates every 24 hours AND every time you start your computer. If updates are found, they are automatically downloaded and installed. We recommend that users leave this setting enabled to maintain the highest levels of protection. Users who choose to disable automatic updates can download them manually by clicking ‘Check for Updates’ in the ‘More’ section (Default = Enabled).”

IMO when Comodo launch the updater sometimes it crash for some reason.

My crash report:

The bug/issue

1. What you did: Tried to update manually
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: A screen that says Comodo was crashed and a Crash.dmp was created.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: A normal update.
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Reboot and tried to update manually again, same problem.
  5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: Nope
  6. Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link:
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Reboot and try update manually.
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):

Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug:
  2. Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List:
  3. A CIS config report or file.
  4. Crash or freeze dump file:

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: CIS (5.3.176757.1236) AV (Avira: Last Version)
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: N/A
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: N/A
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
  5. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= Safe, Sandbox= Disable, Firewall = Personalized, AV = Disable
  6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7, Last Update, 32 Bits, Admin acc
  7. Other security and utility software installed: only Avira
  8. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): None

[attachment deleted by admin]

Could you please attached the crash dump to your first post.

Also we would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Dennis

Thank you for your bug report in the required format.

Moved to verified.

Thank you

Dennis

Thank you Dennis for spend your time verifying this.

The solution i found so far is turning off “Automatically Check for the program updates”, since yesterday i don’t have a crash.
I’ll post here in the next few days to confirm that.

You should not have to turn it off.

If they cannot replicate the problem or find the cause with the information you have supplied a Staff member may PM you.

Thank you

Dennis