CPF v. 3 skins ...

hello everybory,

Congratulations for the new CPF, is so far the best Firewall for vista!

My question is about the interface of the CPF… is that a way to change with skins?

Excuse me but in my opinion this new interfece is very ugly… (:TNG)

…changing the skin to be like the Vista style with aero glass borders whould be much better, don’t you think?

Thanks for your attention… (:WAV)

Hi L.F.B,

we will have to wait for any skins to be made for CFP 3
for now the firewall is still being worked on and made better for all.

will be nice when we have some skins for CPF 3 though, i can’t wait for them to apprear too :slight_smile:

EDIT: outdated

!!SWEET I’ll Start making some,

Is there any way to skin the tray icon too?

…it’s been long enough and already a new build is out to fix existing issues. I still don’t see several UI glitches fixed. It kinda smells like immature code.

Can someone confirm to me that CFP has a good skin parsing code that won’t allow someone to create malformed skins that could either crash CFP3 or cause buffer overflow errors if they wanted to?

My real question would be - given the existing glitches, can we start using the firewall’s UI customization capabilities without worrying that bad guys could have a go at it too?

I cant wait to see some good user made skins! :smiley:

I’m not experimenting with this right now, let’s hope someone else posts, from Comodo staff if possible. But in the meantime my two cents…

Yes, those are small .ICO files in the same folder. Although I think it’s harder to find software to handle ICOs than other formats.

Can someone confirm to me that CFP has a good skin parsing code that won't allow someone to create malformed skins that could either crash CFP3 or cause buffer overflow errors if they wanted to?

My real question would be - given the existing glitches, can we start using the firewall’s UI customization capabilities without worrying that bad guys could have a go at it too?

As far as I know a buffer overflow attack is always intentional and looking for a known vulnerability. The only theoretical possibility would be that you inadvertently created a skin that ran malicious code by means of a buffer overflow vulnerability unknown to you… Not a practical possibility. Whether someone else could inject malicious skins is equally possible impossible either if you customize or not --and besides Defense+ won’t allow any malware to create new files on your hard disc. So… as far as I know, the short answer is no.

CFP is already using skins, only the default ones. Just make the new ones in the same format, same pixelsize, and same filename, and all should be okay.

I’m not talking about the possibility of INJECTING skins, I’m talking about creating a specially crafted skin which the user could install by mistake and whose result would be arbitrary code execution, DoS, or just crashing the firewall. As far as I can see that little skin bug hasn’t been fixed even in 276.

If I’m not mistaken, when you modify the different .png, they’re immediately replaced by Comodo (using the cfpres.dll) after it is restarted.

Hmmmmm… select skins???

I’ll be happy when COMODO has a GUI with the default Windows XP or Vista theme (title bar color, default buttons, etc, etc). But for those about who want selectable skins or crafted made skins it’s a good idea, the conclusion, both options are equally fine, they aren’t opposite, they are complementary.

BTW since I reported the cpfres.dll issue in version 3.0.14.276 and recreated the error I had no more cpfres.dll issues

Regards

MiguelAngelXP

Yes, I’ll be happy too :slight_smile:

i want a tiger/leopard skin (V)

i tried to make new skins but comodo restore the original

Just a “Nod32 theme” i made. Please post more themes!

Here is my uploaded theme:

http://rapidshare.com/files/106645762/Nod32-2-theme.rar.html

Copy the folder to the themes folder in Comodo

Very fine skin phallos, thank you
but it seems “Scan My System” icon is missing

It sure is i just noticed it to.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quick fix: Add the ScanSystem.ico (from default theme) to the theme folder

:THNK

Nice skin phallos,

I like the different colored alert box (:CLP)

1. Updated Nod32

2. Milk theme

3. Metal theme

http://rapidshare.com/files/106732825/Themes.rar.html

This is changeware…(just do it better yourself…we need some themes)

(:KWL)

This file will not download. :-\

Downloaded fine for me.