CPF Hangs PC Upon Startup

I am unable to use my computer! Yes, that had really happened with me! I am following the security best practices and using a least-privilged user account for daily activities, in addition to an admin-level user account for system maintenance and program installation/uninstallation. When I log into the system using the admin-level account, the overall performance is just fine. However, when I log into the system using the least-privileged user account (which is a member of the built-in Users group), CPF consumes ~98 to 99 of the system resources, according to the Windows Task Manager! I can not log and utilize the system except if I am using an admin-level account.

My current system software components: Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Comdo Personal Firewall 2.1.1.1, Comdo AntiVirus 1.1.0.3, Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06r1, Microsoft Windows Defender Beta2.

My current system hardware components: Pentium 4 2.66 GHz, 768 MB RAM, 128 MB PowerColor ATI Radeon 9200.

Note: A snapshot of the Windows Task Manager is attached for reference.

Can you help me solve that problem, please?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

I’m having the same exact problem, on a system with kinda similar specs. When I’m logged on as the administrator in windows 2k pro, everything works fine. But when I’m logged on with my user account, the firewall program hogs all the CPU - the antivirus program runs fine though. I had version 2.1.0.1 initially (same problem), then I updated to 2.1.1.1 (same problem). Shame cause I really like the look of this program. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. We will be addressing the problem and let you know.

Thank you for the cooperation,

Egemen

Thanks for your fast reponse. :slight_smile: Your support is very much appreciated.
Hope that reporting that problem will help enhance the features of CPF.

Yes your feedback will always help us improve our products.

Egemen

Have you released a new version or an update in order to fix that problem?

We could not release it this week. It will be available next week.

Egemen

Same problem here, an XP SP2 non-domain (Fast User Switching allowed).
AMD Turion, 2gb RAM, McAfee AV, no external firewall (only Windows Firewall). Windows Defender.
On first reboot after install, login screen came up but desktop wouldn’t after waiting 5 minutes.
Power off, on and same waited 10 minutes and desktop came up but nothing would run (likely maxed out CPU).
Power off, on and finally came up normally.

Problem is finally resolved by the new release (anounced at: [url]https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,648.0.html[/url]). Thanks very much! :wink: