CPF Faulting Application

I was on line for several hours yesterday when a pop up informed me that Comodo Firewall had encountered a problem and had to close. I rebooted several times but each time the pop up reappeared so in the end I reinstalled Comodo and everything appeared to be fine. However, following start up this morning the same pop up (see below) has appeared. If anyone has any ideas what is causing this problem I would be most grateful for their help. I have Windows XP Home (SP2) installed which is up to date and both Avast AV
and Spybot have shown no malware etc on my system.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 27/10/2007
Time: 09:01:13
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXXXXX
Description:
Faulting application cpf.exe, version 2.4.0.58, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0116083d.

Looks like you’re running an old version of CPF 2.4?
Try upgrading to the latest(2.4.18.184):

Ragwing

Hi Ragwing thanks for your reply. Since making the above post I have not been able to log in as ‘humberlad’ all I get is an error message yet I am using the correct spelling/password!

Re the error with my Comodo firewall I posted about I was under the impression I was using the latest version (2.4.18.184) since reinstalling it I have only got the error message once and all now seems to be ok (fingers crossed). My only problem now is getting the set up to how it was before. Thanks again.

(:AGY) I spoke too soon at start up tonight the same error warning as posted above came up and in the end I again had to reinstall Comodo. If anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing this I would be most grateful. Thanks.

I am still having problems with logging in so if anyone can help with regards to the faulting CPF problem then whilst I might not be able to respond immediately I will be grateful for any help given. Regards, humberlad.

All has been ok for 2 days now so I am hoping the problem has resolved itself. However, if anyone has any idea as to why this fault occurred I would be interested if only for possible future reference. Thanks

Download UPHClean from here, details in the “Overview” paragraph.

Thanks Zito but the logging on problem was due to the 1 second error on the Comodo site. I have used UPH clean for some time now and all is well with my system except when I use Windows Defender which always leaves files ‘hanging’ when closing down, but this is a known problem which has been discussed at length on the WD forum. Regards HL