COS Drive Letter

Is there any way to change the drive letter for COS? Allowing me to do so will avoid conflicts with network drives that happen to be offline when starting COS. I am using COS v2.0.5.7.

Hi,

You can change the DrvLetter value in “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\Common\COS\MntDrv”. This way you can choose any letter you like.

Thanks

Hello Emmanuel

Thanks for your suggestion. Regrettably, having tried it, I have discovered that:

• the MntDrv key and SrvLetter value are transient and only have esistence and meaning whilst COSClient is active;
  • changing the DrvLetyter value makes no difference to the actual drive letter COS takes, nor does it change the assigned drive in My Computer.
    [li]manually creating the key and associated value makes no diifference because when COSClient is loaded, it finds the first available drive letter and proceeds to overwrite the manually created value.restarts

Do you have any other suggestions?

I am runing under XP/SP3 32 bit. Please let me know if I have misunderstood anything or if there is anything else I need to do.

Thanks.

At this point, there isn’t other way to change drive letter for COS drive.
We will add an option for this in the next version.

Thanks

Many thanks for being so helpful.

Here’s a hack that MAY do what you want. Try running a cmd script at startup with a bunch of Subst commands (subst E: C:, subst F: C:, etc.), you can effectively block off the drive letters you don’t want COS to grab . Then, after COS grabs the next available letter, do a bunch of “subst /d” commands to free them up again.

I know it’s not pretty, but it IS a way to control what letter COS gets - until we get that new version…