Constant disk access[CLOSED]

Hi,
I installed the Comodo Firewall 3.0 beta for Vista. It’s working okay, but it seems like this application is constantly accessing the hard drive. My hard drive is constantly spinning. Does anyone know how to make this stop?

Thanks.

Seems to be caused by a firewall component called cmdagent.exe which runs as a service. And because it runs as a service, disabling the firewall doesn’t prevent it from running. I’m not quote sure what its function is though.

So does anyone know a way around this? Because constant disk access is definitely not acceptable.

You could try disabling it in msconfig (click the Services tab), but the firewall probably won’t run without it. I haven’t tried it myself because you’ll have to reboot after you make changes to the msconfig utility and I’m the lazy type. :wink:

If I’m reading correctly, the OP is already using v. 3.

(V)

Good eye Jahn (:WAV). Then I’m moving this to the Beta Corner and deleting my wrong, irrelevant post.

Could it be the disk access is due to log writing? IIRC the logs are written to a DB located at %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Comodo\Firewall Pro\cfplogdb.sdb

In order to keep the Beta corner tidy this thread was locked