Conflict - CIS 3.11.108364.552 and WU KB970653

I just ran Windows Update and the Daylight Saving Time (KB970653) Update was available. After reboot, the system wouldn’t load completely and what was available was desperately slow. The Comodo shield now showed the red circle through it. Trying to open any program was a failure (including the Comodo GUI). I did a System Restore to just before the WU. Everything returned to normal. I ran the WU again and got the same results, CIS shield red circle and system freeze. Restored system again and all’s well, again.

Update for Windows XP (KB970653)
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
Install this update to resolve issues caused by revised daylight saving time and time zone laws in several countries. This update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2009. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/970653

My System:

WinXP Pro SP3
CIS 3.11.108364.552
CFP, CAV and Defense+ enabled

I installed this update late last night on my laptop that runs on windows vista ultimate x64. When it rebooted I got the bsod and it automatically rebooted and again got the bsod. I was able to boot up in safe mode and did a system restore to a time just prior to this update and all is well again. I was just getting ready to install again when I caught site of your posted message. I think I will wait and see if this gets fixed.

I’m beginning to think it’s a Microsoft thing. I uninstalled CIS and tried to run the update again without CIS installed. Now I get a failed install from the Windows Update page! Since it’s not a security update, I just chose to hide it on my WU page. I reinstalled CIS and everything is running smoothly.

I got that update on it’s release day, installed it, and no problems whatsoever.

Same here, no problems with that Update.

I found a solution and posted it in CSC Bug Reports.