Conflict between D+ and Avast (possibly behavior shield) [I25]

Comodo free firewall 6.0.260739.2674
When any application tries to access the internet for the first time, the comodo free firewall opens the application options (Allow / Block / Treat As) and just crashes, including my windows 7 x64. Any suggestions to solve this problem?? >:(
thank you…

It’s important to fix such crashes so we would very much appreciate a report in standard format (see stickies).

Many thanks for your help in anticipation

Mouse

Hi Mouse,
I installed comodo free firewall + free avast antivirus 7, and found that when I leave the active defense +, generates the locking with avast. Deactivated the defense + and no longer have the lock. ;D

Avast 7 and cis 6 2674. have one problem with windows 8 x64. internet explorer 10 will not run in sandbox or in virtual kiosk. if you use avast 7 with Comodo 6 2674. install Comodo firewall only.geek buddy and Comodo dragon are fine but only install the firewall. second if you are running avast 7 go to programs and features and remove the behavior shield and disable avast auto sandbox. and everything should run fine…
at least from testing alot that’s what i have found.

no behavior shield in avast and disable avast sandbox.
since Comodo has behavior and sandbox to begin with they just fight.
from working with others this should be the same with windows 7 x64 from all the people talking.
Also Note that when running avast in Win 7 or vista, and windows 8 if your web shield is enabled in avast and you are running Comodo CIS 6 firewall and you block an application in the firewall it will still have access and not be blocked. Egemen has said that due to limitations in Windows 7 this cannot be fixed. But that With Windows 8 it will be no problem to fix. It has not been fixed it 2674.but i have heard from the devs they found the problem. i will ask tonight if it only fixes windows 8 or did they get lucky and it fixes avast web shield with windows 7 also.

Thanks Dr Haze would be good to have that feedback.

@scmp: Meanwhile a bug report in standard format please - it’s simpler now. Only then can we be sure its the same issue!

PM reminder sent

According to a Dev At Comodo china. The problem with avast web shield was in Comodo’s packager.
he said he thinks the Avast web shield bug is fixed in Windows 7 & 8. But could not 100% confirm. as he did not ask the main developer. Definitively windows 8.But from the way it sounds i would guess Windows 7 to.

Thanks very much for your issue report. We have moved it to the non-format bugs board for the moment, because too much of the information we normally need to replicate a problem and fix it is missing, or it is not in the format we request.

We realize some people may not have the time to do bug report in standard format, and therefore offer the option of a non-format report instead. But the problem is much more likely to be fixed promptly if you edit your first post to create an issue report which meets all criteria in the Checklist and Format. (You can copy and paste the format from this topic). The general reasons why are summarized in that post, the reasons we ask for specific pieces of information are given in this detailed post.

You can get your report moved to the format verified issues board simply by ensuring that it is correctly formatted and all criteria are met, and PM’ing a mod who is active on the bug board.

Best wishes

Mouse

Hi,

Comodo free firewall 6.0.260739.2674 When any application tries to access the internet for the first time, the comodo free firewall opens the application options (Allow / Block / Treat As) and just crashes, including my windows 7 x64.

I have the same. For me it is not exactly crash but freeze. The box freeze when you select allow, block,treat as or after “treat as” process.
After that everythins is slow : launch an application etc. It’s very annoying since you have to restart after that. Note that it’s not all the time. Sometimes the box run well. Maybe when you take times to check the box. Note that I’m with custom rule set firewall and alert frequency level high.

I don’t know if it’s a problem with D+ or avast sandbox or shield since I discover this post right now and don’t do the test to disable one of them.
Maybe I will try later or desintall the version 6 of comodo to instal version 5 since the version 5 is more friendly user. Examples : If you want to allow an application you have to click on comodo (ok) but after that on task (why don’t we have task directly like in V5) and firewall task and allow application and there you can’t choose a current process… such a pity.

i let this bug report because i think you do a great job with last comodo version but the V6 one don’t have the power of rapidly set rules.

A. THE BUG/ISSUE : Firewall box freeze

• When any application tries to access the internet for the first time, the comodo free firewall opens the application options (Allow / Block / Treat As) and just crashes, including my windows 7 x64.
  • oh yes, it’ the problem:
  • When any application tries to access the internet for the first time, the comodo free firewall opens the application options (Allow / Block / Treat As) and just crashes, including my windows 7 x64.:
  • hum
  • no
  • the problem happen with every application but not all the time see below

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)

• CIS 6 custom rule set firewall and alert frequency level high:
  • custom rule set firewall and alert frequency level high hips enabled training mode
  • of course
  • no
    [list type=lower-alpha][li].
    [/li]- no
    [li]no i dont’ want
    [/li]- windows 7 64bit, admin
  • avast 7.0 installed at the same time than comodo 10 days ago on a fresh OS install
    [/list]

That’s almost in standard format, guys. Would you mind adding the prompts, as it’s difficult to understand currently, and checking that you have answered all the questions

A. THE BUG/ISSUE
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic title, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: yes it’s the problem. But not all the time
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened: When any application tries to access the internet for the first time, the comodo free firewall opens the application options (Allow / Block / Treat As) and just freeze the box after clicking, including slow down all windows 7 x64 environnement and application.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen: i don’t know
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: no
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:no
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:the problem happen with every application but not all the time. Sometimes the box run well. Maybe when you take times to check the box.
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Killswitch processes list, dump (if freeze/crash). If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program (not m’ware) not possible
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- CIS version & configuration: CIS 6 custom rule set firewall and alert frequency level high

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: custom rule set firewall and alert frequency level high hips enabled training mode
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): yes of course
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS:No
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:it’s a clean install
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: no
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & VM used: windows 7 64bit, admin
  • Other security/sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: avast 7.0 installed at the same time than comodo 10 days ago on a fresh OS install
    [/ol]

Thanks very much, now if you can just add the diagnostics file (Help ‘?’ ~ Diagnostics) and process list (Watch activity) I’ll forward straight away to verified

(OH BTW have you changed your UAC - user account control - settings since you installed the OS - You’ll know if you have!)

Best wishes

Mouse

back to V5 so it’s too late but :
UAC was disabled
Disabled autosandbox of avast doesn’t change the bug

Sad that last version of comodo turn like that.

Best regards.

It is possible this is fixed in 2708, as some fixes in repect of Avast have been attempted. Can you confirm?

Just checking if this is fixed in 2801?

Best wishes

Mouse

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments, so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you. PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (8.0.0.4337)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.