compatibility with windows server 2012

I will be installing Windows Server 2012 Essentials soon and I need to acclimate myself to server software as compared to desktop software. Endpoint Security Manager is a server product. Will it work on Server 2012? Other products I am interested in exploring are Comodo Backup and One of your browsers. Are they compatible with Server 2012? Thanks. How does the sandbox work in your browsers. I am used to Sandboxie on my desktop PCs. How do the products compare in this regard?

Hi Bob1000 & welcome to the forums.

Lots to answer so…

ESM 3 will install on Server Essentials 2012 but please create an AD user for the SQL DB to connect as.
The ESM agent and Comodo Endpoint Security Agent both work on Server 2012

Can’t help you too much with Comodo Backup. may I suggest posting your question in that forum board?

I use Dragon all the time, haven’t tried IceDragon but I believe it is very good.

Our sandbox is not only for browsers, it protects you from Unknown files (yes, the capital ‘U’ is deliberate), zero-day and zero-hour files by isolating any unknown application and shooting it up to our malware labs for analysis and validation. Thus, can’t really compare Sandboxie and Comodo Auto-Sandbox.

Hope this helps but fire away if you have more questions.

Regards,
Michel.

Thank you for your reply. I loaded Endpoint 3.0 into a virtualbox guest of Windows Server 2012 standard trial. I had a little problem with the SQL database but eventually figured it out. Ditto with the console. I could get at it with Internet Explorer but not Comodo Dragon. It looks like a fascinating product.

I plan to load a copy of 2012 Essentials for real later this year and am trying to get my ducks lined up beforehand. The free 10 seat license is a wonderful gift. I can experiment with it, learn how to look at security from an enterprise perspective, and then be a subject master. Comodo has a well rounded product line and reviews have steadily improved. My eventual goal is to hang out a consulting shingle in a few months or early next year with server technology as a part of the practice. I think Comodo will be a part of the picture I carry along if the trials pan out … and I suspect they will.

Hi,

Really pleased you like the product bob10000. Please let us know when you plan to start up your Managed Service Provider business - we have a dedicated MSP business-associate plan you may like :slight_smile:

Regards,
Michel.

Why “please create an AD user for the SQL DB to connect as”?

Why “please create an AD user for the SQL DB to connect as”?

2012 Essentials can be fussy about the use of the administrator’s account. It is more ‘reliable’ to create a new user with domain admin privileges (if on a domain) or local admin privileges and let ESM use that.

Regards,
Michel.