Compatibility Issues (3.0.7.208 beta) [CLOSED]

:THNK

Hi everyone, just trying the beta 208, on Vista x64.
I need to get to grips with it, but my first problem was that it completely knocked my web access off.Reported Error 797 (modem not found)
Tried the 2000 fix,to check the dll’s, replaced the dll’s o.k,but would not fix access. .
http://www.cknow.com/faqs/Why/HavingaMSNMAILHOSTDOWNLOA.html

Obviously Vista all updated,
Avast free edition.(I have noticed a few other niggles with x32 systems , and will monitor that.)
2.13 CORE 2 DUO, 4GB RAM
Speedtouch ADSL modem
Hyperos 2007VE (allows copys of Vista and XP, AND VIRGIN BACKUPS, to reinstall quickly) This allows me to replace the whole partition in minutes, so I can test without concern, if a Beta version does mess up.
There is quite a bit to learn about configuration, and I will , in time check through , and keep an eye on the forum, in case others find answers.
I have Comodo Bo Clean on XP x32, no problems - plug and play,
Very little to shout about in Vista Firewall market, at the moment, so with perseverence, Comodo could be as good on Vista x64 , too. (:WIN)

Discuss in this topic incompatibilities with other softwares (AV,Spyware detectors) or Windows itself.
Post your Windows Version and Incompatible software version.

From event log, about 100 just like these after Comodo latest beta install:

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address **********. The following error occurred: The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Internet connection works well no problems there… Repair works all the way to NetBT which doesnt succeed…

Uhm, whats going on??

WinXP64SP2 all updates…

Typo,

Sounds like Firewall/General/Network Security Policy/Global Rules is to blame. DHCP will probably require an Inbound UDP rule tailored for the DHCP server.

You might find a ruleset that works from the Stealth Configuration Wizard (each time you select one, though, it won’t remove the old “preset” rules; just add more to them, thus creating some duplication).

LM

Yes, it worked better… I selected that “i would like to be alerted…” option from Stealth configuration… Deleted all the rules, set Firewall to custom mode and from every alert that came up I modified all the application rules to my liking, now everything works like charm…

CFP 3.0.8.214 BETA is now available for download!

Topic Locked