Comodo's GUI and tray icon don't appear after system boot [V7B][M812]

2-Comodo Internet Security Premium Beta 7.0.308911.4080
3-Windows 8.1 Pro x86 (up to date)
4-Custom settings near the ones suggested by Chiron via his tutorial
5-Clean install
7-(Re)Boot the computer and access to the Desktop
8-The GUI and the tray icon don’t show themselves, even though services and exes are loaded properly. To launch them, I need to use a shortcut like the one put by the installer in the Start Menu.
9-The missing GUI and tray icon shouldn’t need the user to click on a shortcut to load them on the boot of the system.

Extra info:
1-This isn’t the first time I’ve to deal with this minor trouble when using a Comodo product. It also happened with Comodo V6.
2-CIS GUI isn’t present in the startup (msconfig or CCleaner), but cistray.exe can be seen in Scheduled Tasks.

Greetings, Comodo team, and thanks for your good work! So far, except this little problem, I’m quite enjoying Comodo 7 Beta, keep up the good work!

Detailed Steps for replication:

1. Rebboot the computer
  2. After the logon screen appears enter the password
  3. Then the desktop appears, but not the GUI and tray icon
  4. To make them appear open the Start menu and use the shortcut provided by Comodo
  5. The GUI and tray icon appear, and stay for the remainder of the session

Screenshots of scheduled tasks are also attached to this post.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do you have any other security software or maintenance software currently installed on your computer?

Also, when you say that this was a clean install, do you mean that you ran the removal tools referenced in this post after removing the old version and before installing the new version? If not, please do so and let me know if the problem continues.

Thank you.

I don’t have any other security software installed on my computer.
I don’t think it’s related to some maintenance software since I didn’t use them between the time I install CIS and when I reboot the computer for the first time after installing it.
I didn’t have Comodo 6 before this one, and the last time I tried it was before I clean reinstall the OS on my computer, so take it as a good clean install.

Thank you :slight_smile:

In that case please attach a process list to your first post. That way the devs can investigate whether there is a particular process on your computer which may be causing this.

Thanks.

Sorry about that, but I won’t do such a thing. From time to time I switch between some software (web browsers for instance, so that everyone which seems to be worth trying got its chance) so showing what’s running right now wouldn’t be really useful for the dev’ team. Besides, it’s almost privacy-related and I do not intend to share it that easily (that’s notably why I turn off the cloud lookup feature, anonymous sharing of data, amongst other things on CIS).

By the way, will you update your tutorial once CIS 7 reaches the release stage?
And do you know if V5 users will be asked to migrate to this one (it wasn’t the case with V6)?

I understand. However, without that I don’t see how there would be enough information for the devs to replicate this. Therefore, perhaps a compromise is possible. Could you create the process list and upload it to a file sharing site? Then PM me the download link and I will add it to the tracker, which is not visible to the public. Would that be okay?

Yes.

That I don’t know, but I hope so.

No, sorry :confused:

Good to see you will update your How-To ^^

Would you be willing to give the devs this information directly if they contact you? If not then I don’t see a way that this can be replicated and fixed. :embarassed:

It depends of the information they’d like to have :confused:

P.S: By the way, I got another bug, I’ll create another post about it

In that case I will forward this. If they ask for information believe me when I tell you that it is essential. They are always trying to be as efficient as possible. Thank you very much for your report in standard format. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need.

Many thanks again.

Ok, thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve attached to THIS post a KillSwitch Process List if they want to use it

Thank you. I have now added this to the first post so they can easily find it.

Thanks again.

The devs have not been able to reproduce this issue. They have therefore requested that I ask you to create a video showing the issue, and how it is resolved. Would that be possible?

Thank you.

I can’t, sorry :confused:

Is there a reason you cannot create a video? If it’s that you’re not certain which program to use, or how to accomplish this, I can help?

In addition to that, please note whether you have modified any system settings, changed any autoruns entries, or similar alterations.

Thanks.

I don’t know any free software which could capture some video without getting my computer too laggy.

I didn’t change system settings, autoruns entries or similar alterations.

I attach some screenshots which can help the dev’ team:

screenshotCCleanerUninstallEntries: Comodo appears twice in the Program list as you can see, already like that in V6.

My bad, I forgot to post one entry to Scheduled Tasks as a screenshot

Please see the software discussed here and see if any of them will fit your needs.

Also, when you say that you need to use a shortcut to start the GUI do you mean that you went to the program folder and made a shortcut to the CisTray icon?

Thanks.

Read my 8., you’ll have the answer

I did notice that. I just wanted to be sure of how you created the shortcut, to make it more evident the steps needed.

Also, did you check out the video software discussed in the link I gave? Will any of them work for your purposes?

Thanks.