Comodo Windows repair/tweak tool

It would be a pleasure to see Comodo develop a repair/tweak tool, like Dial-a-Fix for Windows XP… As of now, Dial-a-Fix does not have a version that works on Windows 7 and Vista. It would be nice if Comodo developed a program LIKE Dial-a-Fix with even more functions, that worked on XP, Vista and 7.

Could you tell me what that is for program? CTM 2.9b is a good tool if your HDD is a ATA, SATA, IDE HDD. you can return to a time when your computer worked.

Regards,
Valentin N

Could you tell me what that is for program? CTM 2.9b is a good tool if your HDD is a ATA, SATA, IDE HDD. you can return to a time when your computer worked.

Take a look and read.

http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix

I’ve used it a lot on Windows XP… It’s a great tool for repairing Windows update, Windows time problems, MSI problems, and has a “tools” button, when you can run certain commands, for example: SFC /Scannow, and much more…

• It would be nice if Comodo could take this to a higher level, and create something even better than Dial-A-Fix.

it’s a great program

I don’t see how this concerns the security sector… I don’t say it’s a bad idea but comodo has already has a tool that can “fix” the computer by “rolling back” to a state when it worked.

I hope you understand I am not against your idea and what your saying but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Regards,
Valentin N

I don't see how this concerns the security sector... I don't say it's a bad idea but Comodo has already has a tool that can "fix" the computer by "rolling back" to a state when it worked.

I hope you understand I am not against your idea and what your saying but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

There must be other ways to “roll back.” - In this way you don’t lose newly installed programs, and it’s not even a rollback-tool eitherway. It’s just a fixing tool, a tool that performs severel Windows commands, that normal users don’t know anything about. That way you can fix the most common problems in a Windows system, without the need to go back, and maybe lose some of your programs or files. CTM is a REALLY great tool, but i think it would be very handsome, if the user had both oppertunities, CTM and a “Dial-A-Fix like” program…

Im thinking what you want is a registry repair tool that will fix faulty path ways which in turn will make your computer run smoother if im right i would love a tool like this too

CCE will have that ability if a malware change something in the registry.

I think there working on somthing somewhat similar, but no rollback

Whats new in CCE 1.5.181743.64? NEW: CCE can now fix critical system settings (disabled task manager, ms config, run, regedit, etc). NEW: New languages supported: Russian and Ukrainian IMPROVED: More powerful MBR scanner IMPROVED: Save CCE options in config.ini instead of registry FIXED: Hidden files scanner does not work for some NTFS partitions FIXED: KillSwitch crashes when opening properties of certain process FIXED: KillSwitch does not show BHO correctly in some cases FIXED: “Handle properties” can not be closed under certain circumstance in KillSwitch

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-cleaning-essentials-cce-killswitch-cce/comodo-cleaning-essentials-1518174364-rc2-ready-t70114.0.html

Comodo Time Machine has the rollback function :slight_smile: